Purple wristband and christmassy charm!

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by carabella, Dec 21, 2013.

1. carabella

carabella Well-Known Member

RIght, as ever; there is a girl at work. She's funny, smart, ambitious, has a wicked smile and when she drops her guard she's amazing.

She has absolutely no idea that I'm bi, and apart from pinging my gaydar, I don't know which way she swings. She does however, wear a purple wristband made from string or ribbons almost every day. I've seen things written here and there about the wearing of coloured bands to signify sexuality, but isn't it generally a teenage thing? Or am I just out of the loop?

I'm dying to ask this girl out, but I don't want to fall flat on my face if I'm barking up a straight tree. Help a girl out!

2. rabbitheart

rabbitheart Well-Known Member

I dunno if I would go so far as to assume something about a person's sexuality based off of a purple string wristband. I have a friend who has a rainbow pin on her backpack and is straight as they come. The best way for you to approach this is to casually hint at the fact that you're gay and see how she responds. You could ask her if she's been to (insert your local lesbian hangout), just to break the ice. A yes or no doesn't really solve the problem (i.e. she could be straight and know about the place or gay and not know about the place), but is an easy way to open a line of communication that sends a clear message that you're gay.

3. carabella

carabella Well-Known Member

I've just tried to reply to this and lost the whole thing :(

Anyway. She IS GAY. Aside from some minor cyber stalking on my part, a workmate confirmed it. Which is awesome on one hand and utterly confusing on the other. I finally worked up the courage to ask her to something but with hindsight was ridiculously short notice and I should have known she couldn't make it. But I thought at least, it would let her see I wanted to get to know her a little better. But she's done NOTHING.

I'm so confused how you can have crazy hot chemistry with someone, how they know you want to see them out of work and yet they stand with their feet in the sand and don't make a move. She's a little shy sometimes which is the only thing I can think of to explain it, plus the fact I'm 99% sure she thinks I'm straight. How do you come out to someone you work with (plus she's my senior) without saying 'by the way I'm bisexual and I can't stop thinking about giving you some good, good lovin'' (google Colbie Caillat's version).

She's hot. Smart. Moody. Funny. Interesting. And I am frustrated to the point of talking myself out of leaving lavendar roses on her car. HELP!!!

4. rabbitheart

rabbitheart Well-Known Member

Yay she's gay! Now you just need to drop a hint that you're gay. Talk about an ex-girlfriend, spend 10 minutes talking about how hot Zoe Saldana is, or ask her if she wants to go to your local gay bar.