pshaw...

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Nony, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Nony

Nony Member

2. nimmie2

nimmie2 New Member

Re: Supposed to be getting married this week

I don't have much information about your background (in relationship terms I mean) other than you have been together for 5 years and for the last month or so she has been distant.

OK, she has been a bit distant - I think that is quite normal considering the situation. She is probably imagining spending her whole life with one person, getting scared, whatever. But, the good part is that you ARE getting married. And if she will dump you or back off or get cold feet or cancel on the last moment, you have to ask yourself - did I really want to spend the rest of my life with this person? I don't know, but for me marriage is a big commitment and should be treated with respect. Of course, you can get a divorce but you should at least commit body and soul to that person because that is the vow you take. And why isn't that scary? It could be for anyone.

So my advice is to relax and be happy you have someone that will do that with you. The rest are just details

I wish you the best!

3. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Re: Supposed to be getting married this week

Oh, you've got to see the Startrek NG's episode on Keiko's wedding!

There has been a lot of happy occasions that I thought I would be so happy when the time comes but instead I get so stressed about it that I was positively listless. I wish weddings were more relaxed where everyone would help out, like a potluck only better dressed. I have seen so many brides in tears when they talk to me before the wedding saying all were in ruins when I thought everything was done up so nicely. Most couples fight the day or week before the wedding even.

So, I don't know what the stress points are for your lovely bride, but maybe the way to approach her is that you are safe to talk to. However she feels, you are there for her. It is your journey together, this is just a small piece you share with others, and if there is some stuff she can't handle you can help figure out.

Congrats!