Pros & Cons of dating men vs women

Discussion in 'Bisexuality' started by thoughtsofdestiny, Sep 9, 2013.

1. thoughtsofdestiny

thoughtsofdestiny Active Member

What are the pros and cons of dating men?
    What are the pros and cons of dating women?

Please be as honest as possible. Feel free to vent! ;-P

2. RagsOBrien

RagsOBrien Member

Men are hairier, more selfish and bad kissers (mostly). This is my personal experience. Women are softer, more emotionally in tune with other women (applies to dating as well as other relationships), better kisses, better lovers, have more beautiful bodies and are more sensitive. Gross generalisations and not everyone feels this way but for me, there is just no comparison. Well there is....and women win hands down:p!

michelle5 likes this.
  3. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

This thread is 2 years old.

Cons of dating men - I'm a lesbian, I'm not into men.

Pros of dating women - I'm a lesbian, women are so so hot.

Your results may vary.

XoNathyoX and rg3_girl like this.
  4. HannahB593

HannahB593 New Member

I'm bisexual.
    pros of dating men: some of them can be classically gentleman-esque, the certain swagger that comes with an actually nice intelligent man, the real men will take care of you and actually care truly.
    cons of dating men: some of them don't have themselves together yet even into their late 30s. Oi-e-VAY!!!!!!

pros of dating women: then can be very sweet and sensitive, and provide a nice gender ambigious (sp) way between me and her as we are both women i find it easier to sometimes be the more boyish one or vs versa or not at all focused on that at all- depends how her and i are.
    negative: women can be so emotionally sometimes really young ones are just too living in a fairy tale still and they aren't rational enough.

problems with everyone basically but sometimes you find a good one somewhere in there!

5. eaura

eaura Member

Probably not the best for a lesbian to weigh in on this obvs but I feel as though for some that emotional depth and sensitivity of women could be a negative, and thus, a pro for the male kind. What works for some, y'know?

6. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Mmm... I think it really depends on the person. In my experience I feel like I gel better with women than men on an emotional level.

Men and women are different in the way that we tackle things, although men can also be very good listeners. Women tend to be quite supportive of each other if we're on friendly terms (but we can be vicious if we're not) where as men sometimes don't know how to side with their ladies but are still good listeners (i.e. less emotionally supportive).

Some lesbians don't want to date bisexuals which I find really ridiculous so that's definitely a con. Or if they end up dating a bi girl, they get freaked out and insecure that she'll be cheated on with a guy.

7. Emmarose

Emmarose Active Member

Cons of dating men - I was in denial that I was gay -
    Enough said :)

pikatan2, jkm and Bluenote like this.
  8. pikatan2

pikatan2 Well-Known Member

Con of dating a Men = People immediately thinks I'm straight
    Con of dating a Women = People immediately thinks I'm a gay

Pro of dating both gender = I dont care about none of the above!

XoNathyoX and sela9 like this.
  9. Cateyeslove

Cateyeslove New Member

I'm one of "those lesbians" that WILL NOT date a bisexual woman.

10. emmyscribe

emmyscribe New Member

To get super deep, I think it depends on the people you're dating, not their gender. Cause I've dated shitty people of both genders. And also good people of both genders.

But here's a con for both: They both think bisexuality isn't a thing. Men think you're just saying you're bi to get them hot and bothered/just experimenting/waiting for the right man. Women think you're just saying your bi because you scared to come out/just trying to get guys/experimenting.

Ok, one pro of dating a woman, they'll help you straighten the hair on the back of your head if you ask nicely. The guys I've dated won't. They're scared of burning me or something.

sela9 likes this.
  11. emmyscribe

emmyscribe New Member

We'll you're missing out on a lot of very lovely ladies. Like me. I'm awesome. You're missing out on my awesomeness. That's your loss. I'm a great girlfriend. I would so bring you lasagna to work. See, you're missing out on lasagna.

12. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

As a bisexual, I don't really see any pros or cons of being with men or women. I personally limit it down to the person I happen to be dating or crushing on.

Alexa345 and Lady Godiva like this.
  13. Lady Godiva

Lady Godiva Active Member

I completely agree with you!

Irishgal2016 likes this.
  14. Lady Godiva

I don't know what I am yet, but what I think is that - as someone already made me notice here- that is all about love and feelings. Men and women can be all the best and the worse. There are very sensible men out there, talkative and friendly, as there are masculine women with hard characters and rough manners. Then off course, we can all sit and write a list of pro and cons starting from the very basic differences we notice. But if it is from the hair we'd start, then even my previous guys were differing on that one from the other, so you see ;-)

15. MayaHere

MayaHere New Member

Very late to this thread, but thought I'd post anyway.
    The pros and cons of dating either a male or female tend to boil down to the individual characteristics rather than if they are male or female. Yes, I know there is this idea we are so very different, but all the worst traits about men you can find in women, and all the all the worst in women you can find in men. Likewise, the greatest things about men you can find in women, and the greatest things in women you can find in men. Even if you were straight and just dating males, you'd still see diffences between the different males you'd date over the years because even males are different to one another. Likewise, females can differ greatly from one another too. Whether gay, straight or bi, the individual you really connect with will always set themsevles from the rest because of their own u.s.p.

Of course some can be very drawn to certain aesthetics of males or females, but if you know you have an attraction for both (even if not equally) to the point you can't say you're completely gay or straight, then I'd still estimate that for most you will like a person more because of their personality, their humour their intergrity etc, than just whether they are male or female.

16. Lady Godiva

Thanks Maya! You are right about many points, thus I am glad you replied. Doesn't matter how late :)
    As for me, I guess I won't look much for understanding any more as I guess this might consume more energy in thinking than in living :rolleyes: The door which opened on my personality, though shaking me, also offered me to get to know me more. It gave me the chance to get in touch with people, realities, places and situations very close to what I am, thus I will always be grateful to that gym lady and her friends.

17. Alexa345

Alexa345 Member

Men have more confidence than women when it comes to asking them out which I kind of understand since lesbianism isn't totally acceptable in our society. On saying that men can have huge egos which I don't see that much in women.

TheScandinavian likes this.
  18. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

I really think that you should limit it to certain individuals. Usually it's valid that men's Ego is big but there are quite many women, whose Egos are way bigger. I know such women, briefly dated (meaning-fucked) and some of them are in my family too.

19. ChychD

ChychD Member

I have had good relationships with both men and women!

Generally men are emotionally retarded means it takes them time to figure out emotional stuff and what they don't understand confuse them further. So if you have plans to date a guy, then be very patient.

Women are very sensitive and emotional; and like sharing all emotions they feel. They connect properly with whoever that relates to these emotions.

Being a bisexual, it works perfectly for me because I'm not that type of emotionally sensitive chick. And don't enjoy sharing my emotional stuff as it stresses me out but I can easily relate to someone having emotional burst....that's women; and overlook crap and trivial stuff and be focused....that's men (and I love sports).

There's a huge difference while dying either a woman or a man. And I have a way of adjusting. As of the sex, both are great but prefer the softness of a woman and how women connect during sex it's very spiritual. With a man, I like the hairy and strong chest and the ability to move over quickly.