Online Dating

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Alison, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Alison

Alison Member

Hi everyone, I have been out for a little while now but I have never had a real girlfriend. I live in a small town where there are no gay bars or anything LGBT (actually I think I'm the only out lesbian). So I would like to try online dating but I don't know where to start. What are some good websites to meet girls?

2. jaysea

jaysea Well-Known Member

Honestly good dating sites, imo, vary on location. For example two people could be on the same site but the results are going to be different based on where you live…more gay people based on location, etc.

To me a good site is okcupid I don't use it, but I used to. I like that you can make your profile visible to only members or only gay people and you can really weed people out based on the search features.

Another one you might have luck with is plentyoffish not sure on any others

3. North

North Member

was wondering about good dating pages too. Wish AE could do an article where they've checked the different ones out.

4. cheval_amant

cheval_amant Member

I've used okcupid before and met a few friends through the site. Plenty of fish had some odd people from my experience. One turned out to be a guy that wanted sex. Just be careful there are crazy people!

I'm currently trying match just for something more legit (hoping that real just single people use it because a working membership costs $$$)

Online just sets up weird expectations from my experience. So I recommend messaging back and forth, then the Facebook exchange (also insure some amount of legitimacy) and then phone numbers. And always always meet up somewhere public and let a friend or two know where you are. I'm cautious but I'd rather be safe!
    Also if anyone gets weird with me about providing a last name and such I simply won't meet them.

Didn't mean to turn this into a safety lecture but one should be aware.
    Online dating does offer some filters for what you may be looking for. Always a plus versus some random in person encounter.

Happy dating and good luck!! :)