One nightstand? It seems like something more....

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Shelbs, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Shelbs

Shelbs Active Member

Okay, so I'm fairly young,and I got a bit drunk with my ex girlfriend. We had sex, and she was my first. Ever. This girl (We can call her X) is not built for relationships. X told me before we had sex that this meant nothing to her, but she was sure it meant the world for me. But after X and I had sex, we cuddled for a few hours((which she NEVER does with any other girl she sleeps with)), and she was whispering sweet nothings in my ear, and linking our pinkies together because she knew that linking pinkies was Brittana's thing, and she knows how much I idolize them. She slipped her ring on my finger, and then kissed me passionately before telling me that I was different than any other girl she had ever been with. But then, she got this...look on her face, and she got up and left. "I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry," was what X said as she left. I didn't see her after that night. She messaged me two days after saying that she meant none of what she said, and it was the alcohol talking. But then, one day after that message, she sends me a link to youtube song and tells me to listen carefully to the lyrics. ((The song is Tyler, the creator-IFHY)) I listen to the song, which is basically saying that the singer loves but also hates this girl, and he's sorry for being so passive aggressive(which she is) and that he doesn't want this girl to be with anyone else, but he doesn't want to be with her. I message her after I have listened asking if she wanted me to listen to that for a reason, which she responds with "Nope. I just was listening to it." So then I send her a link to a song ((Demi Lovato-Here We Go Again)) and she listens and asks me the same thing, and I tell her no (even though it was a yes). I'm so confused. Is she playing hard to get? Or does she want something platonic, and nothing more? Help!

2. anonymous61

anonymous61 Member

Re: One nightstand? It seems like something m...

Don't walk, run from this girl! She is obviously damaged and isn't capable of being in anything but a dysfunctional relationship. She has a lot of growing up to do and until then you are just going to be on an emotional roller coaster that ends in disaster. Like the saying goes, "You can't fix crazy"! I wish girls like this wouldn't be so damn selfish and realize they have issues that need to be fixed before they get into any type of relationship with another person. This whole, "I really want to be with you" and then the next day, "just Kidding", is insane. Take a deep breathe, move-on and look for someone who is 100% ready and capable of being in a healthy functional relationship.

3. Shelbs

Shelbs Active Member

Thanks, Anonymous. It's hard for me, though. It sounds cliche, but as Britney would say it, "I'm addicted to her because I know that she's toxic." How can I get over her?

4. anonymous61

anonymous61 Member

If that's truly what you're attracted to at this point in your life then stay and mess around with her, enjoy the sex, but at least you're able to see her for what she truly is and keep your heart out of it. You will eventually out grow her and meet someone that can be fun, exciting, AND capable of being in a proper relationship. Until then, stand up for yourself and call her out when she does start messing with your head, don't allow her to control the situation anymore. Start looking for someone to take your mind off of her. You're not gonna be able to get over her overnight, but like I said eventually you will outgrow being attracted to that type of person.

5. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Run. She's a mess. If you hang out with her, you will wind up a mess, too.

Seriously, be careful of the company you keep.