Okay if I post a little one-question (general) advice thread?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Greg, May 26, 2017.

1. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

It’s okay if no one answers, and this might seem a little self-serving since it stems from a personal issue I have, but it might benefit others as well. If you wanna answer, feel free to elaborate as much as you like. This is it—
    What is/are your most effective method(s) of coping with depression?
    Thanks, G.E.M.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I have had a couple of episodes that were related to some big hormonal change. It was terrifying what I felt till I figured that I could talk to the people closest to me. I somehow trusted that it was temporary and ate stuff that helped my mood. Chocolate covered bananas were the best thing. There were almonds, dates and better meals but nothing beat Chocolate and bananas as the dynamic duo that gave the blues a powerful punch. The other thing was that as soon as I had a really bad thought, I went and walked it off. Eventually I rode those things out with thought adjustments and the food change helped right the ship again. xoxox

Alison21 and Greg like this.
  3. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Thanks for your words, greylin. I agree, depending on the nature of one’s issues, talking it out and comfort food (which I never refer to as “junk food,” incidentally) helps to an extent. I’m glad you found something that works well for you. Walking used to work better for me, not quite so much anymore. I do kind of like jumping on my trampoline and pretend to be jumping rope. Thank you again for the input.

greylin likes this.