Oh god..

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by 07chloe, Aug 25, 2013.

1. 07chloe

07chloe Member

As a silent lurker on this site for quite a while now, I've always wondered whether I would need to post a topic in this section. I always thought that, no, actually, I'm not EVER going to fall for a 'straight' girl, i'm going to avoid any drunken kissing, and flirting wont be reciprocated, and therefore I'm never really going to need a topic in this section. Bull. And I'm now on my second 'straight' girl, so I was apparently very much kidding myself and the whole of after ellen can have a big giggle..

To cut a long story short, I'm out of the closet at work and it has been so lovely being myself for the first time. I remember seeing said 'straight' girl, we'll call her A, for the first time a few months and going 'WHO is that??' right in front of the manager.. (I know, subtle! Its amazing what being out of Narnia can do for your confidence) And now a few months down the line, we work in separate rooms, but we have a flirtatious banter and I think she may well be one of the nicest people I've ever met. We have texted none stop for the last 2 weeks, and since Thursday it's turned very, relationship-ey. She told me on Thursday I make her feel all giddy and nervous inside, and that I've been trying to get her to buckle under my charm. When I replied 'would you buckle?' She replied 'no comment'. I asked her if she thinks getting her to buckle is my aim, and she said 'no, I don't think you would beat around the bush, I think you would just make me buckle if that's what you wanted'. Which makes me sound like something I cant quite put my finger on... So I told her she gives me butterflies (she doesn't actually just give me butterflies, I swear I'm love sick, I haven't eaten for days!), and that if I ever thought there was a chance with her I would jump. & since then it's been all go. She told me last night she hates saying night as there's no kiss, no cuddle, no emotion in a text, so I said 'there plenty of time for that. You just have to say the word'. (I know, I know, smooth). We've texted today and she's asked when I'm going to see her...

Here are my issues.. 1) she's 'straight'. 2) she has three children... (Which is not at all an issue to me, but im worried about what they'll say) 3) I've never done this before, I'm just out of the closet, I think she'll be expecting fireworks, when I won't know where to start.. 4) My last straight girl is someone she knows about and she seems to generally hate her for breaking my heart, so I don't think she would do the same. 4) I think I'm in love.

Any advice?

2. rebelde

rebelde Active Member

My advice would be tread carefully and always be honest. It's tough staying on that line of 'are we flirting or just teasing each other", I've been there and the best way to deal with this type of situation is to be honest once you realize you are into this woman. I don't know if she's available, divorced or single but anyhow, if she's happy with someone else, back away, you don't want to be in the middle of a threesome drama.
    If she's available and if you really want to be with her, open up about your feelings, don't hide them for too long or else you're just miss your chance and waist time. I know it's hard and stressful because you two get along really well and you don't want to lose her, but it will hurt even more to sit on the sidelines and wonder what if every day, I've been there and it's something I will always regret.

Just be honest with yourself, make sure you keep the communication going and don't hide if she is single and returns the feelings.

Just try and be honest, look into the way you two behave around each, or just ask her, if she has feelings for you, tell her it's okay if she doesn't and it won't change anything between you two, you just want to know.

Good luck.