Oh Brother of Mine!

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by THECONMONI, Oct 30, 2016.

1. THECONMONI

THECONMONI Member

Hello humans of AE Land, so I wanted to post something cool that happened over the weekend. First quick background without, I will attempt not to write my memoir here... I'll save that when I'm famous (sarcasm) ;) or when I can English better (not sarcasm)

So I am 27, female. I have been partially out for about 4 years, partially meaning my friends know, just not mi familia. See my parents are Mexican and Catholic, and maybe I am being lame and selfish not telling them, but at this point I am doing what I think is right for me. I also have a younger brother... which brings me to the next part......

I have been contemplating coming out to my family lately, for a while part of me is stricken with fear of rejection and hunger to please I want to be the best

(A little background info, I came out to a then best friend and it made her uncomfortable, actually she completely stopped communicating with me, I actually wrote about it here at some point. "It's would have been easier if you just liked guys" them boom faster than light out friendship was gone.... I isolated my self from many people and attempted to be straight damn come on just like a guys please! I told my self.... yeah that didn't work out... after some self hatred and healing I began to accept most of me)....
    Fast forward.......

I have been living a rainbow unicorn filled life for a while now... okay about 4 years but still..., I attend pride, my Elsa has a rainbow crown (I'm obsessed with Frozen ) I have a Tegan and Sara poster, I share lots of Drunk Kitchen on my FB... and lots of Izzy Hale happening and I make my love for them known.....

Okay the real fast forward.... Friday, I grabbed my stuff and headed to SF to catch my copy of Buffering and attend the signing (Hannah Hart is beyond gorgeous and she is sweet and very tiny!) After the signing I drove up to twins peak which is where you see San Francisco in its entirety, while I was waiting on contemplating life, and other things I very calmly with no hesitation texted my brother and told him "Hey brother what ya doing" after he responded that he was also in SF but at a party I texted back and the convo goes as follows

Me: I'm going to tell you something, I don't know how you will take it, but just know that I'm still me K dork?!... I like women... like I date them kinda like... just wanted to tell you because it's important that I did.

Him: Sister, I love you always will no matter what <3, all I want is for you to be happy..

Him: Hey meet us for an after party at the hotel.

Although I did not meet them for the after party I was too tired but that was it, my brother loves me, my brother did not run away, my little brother was more mature in many ways, I am still in shock I came out to him, and I am feeling confident that I will soon tell my parents. But in the meantime I am going to enjoy a glass of wine, and be in this moment... I still can't believe that not only did I meet Hannah but I has the best reaction from my little big brother...

Cloud 9!!!!!

mariannek2u, Pi3 and TheScandinavian like this.
  2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

BOOM! And there you go.... a lot of our fears are real and well-founded. However, a lot of them are in our head. My brother, for one, was a complete shit because he outed me to my family in an attempt to gain favor with them. (didn't work).

This is awesome and I'm so very proud of you for taking such a HUGE step with a family member. I bet this brings you closer!

3. THECONMONI

THECONMONI Member

Yes, I actually lost my best friend after I came out to her about 4 years ago. So people close to me has been a challenge to tell. I live in the closet with my family by omisión. But other than that I am very out with other friends and colleagues. I mean I have a rainbow Elsa, and Hannah Hart, tegan and Sarah photos in my cubbies and room. And he is still very much an as in every other aspect of our relationship which makes me happy honestly absolutely nothing has changed. And that's more than I could.ask.

Spygirl likes this.