Not sure if she's friendly or flirting?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Fiana, May 26, 2014.

1. Fiana

Fiana Active Member

I'll try to make this as short as possible. There is a former coworker that I've had a bit of a crush on for a while. We worked for a large company, and another coworker let me know that she had a gf in another department, and so I sort of resigned myself to looking only. Except.

The first thing she ever said to me was "So, what sort of ladies do you like?". She lent me her coat on a day it was freezing, and wouldn't let me give it back, even when she was clearly chilly. She even tried to insist I take it for the way home and just bring it to her the next day. Right after that, she asked if I wanted to hang out (platonically), and when her gf texted to say that she had made dinner and to come home, she blew her off ("I'm just going to tell her I didn't see that text.") to hang out with me instead. I felt bad, but it wasn't like we were doing anything romantic/flirty/touchy-feely, and it's not like I could force her to go home (though I suppose I could have made my own excuse to leave). She's repeatedly told me how beautiful my eyes are. She recently changed jobs, and made sure to exchange numbers with me before she left, and has been texting me almost daily since she left, though none of the texts have been necessarily flirty.

I get the feeling, based on what she's said about her gf and the few interactions I've witnessed, that they are at least in a lull, and potentially heading for a break-up. But I do *not* want to get in the middle of that at *all*. If they break up, I want it to be for reasons that have nothing to do with me. So, guys, is she interested, friendly, or just bored? And what would you recommend doing about it?

2. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. It does seem like she could be interested, Or like you said she could just be bored. Or maybe both, it could easily be both lol. Either way I agree, The one thing you don't want to be is a factor in her breakup with her gf. Just be friends with her and treat her like any other friend unless she actually does or says something straightforward.

3. Fiana

Fiana Active Member

I just realized I never got back to you to thank you for the advice. So, thank you!

...Also, I just learned that she just broke up with her gf for reasons that had nothing to do with me. I'm having a party at my place in a couple of weeks and she's said she'll be there, so I guess we'll see whether anything happens.

4. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

Well it sounds as if everything is working in your favor ;) Just don't become the rebound lol.... we all know those kinds of situations don't last very long