New semi-out..wannabe sapphic queen

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sappho, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Sappho

Sappho New Member

That obviously does not know how to title a thread. Anyways, I'm 21 from Oklahoma. I'm a college freshman- waited a few years before college. I'm trying to be more out and open with my sexuality, but it's kind of difficult coming from a conservative area, but I'm getting better. I'm not sure what else to say, but I hope to make friends here. :)

2. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hi there, nice to meet you. I stopped greeting the AE newcomers for a while, because...I should’ve chosen a different name when I joined the site four years ago (because I’m a lesbian on the inside, and a gentleman just on the outside). But at the same time, I got the feeling that I didn’t greet the newbies and try to be friends with them, probably no one else would either. And I’m also really surprised that there’s never been a member on this site who’s gone by Sappho before. :)

3. Sappho

Sappho New Member

Me too! I'm obsessed with ancient Greece and my first choice was Athena, because I assumed someone would had to have already used "Sappho" but nope, Athena was taken..possibly because it's someone's actual name, but Sappho was not. Nice to meet you! I'm glad I got a response back, because I wasn't really expecting to get one.

4. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Well, sorry it had to be from me. :( No, but seriously, I’m very nice and sweet and adorable. :D My Twitter handle for my writing and stories is Sapphire_Smokey, I also go by Sapphic Smokey there. Very cool, your feelings about Greece. That’s kind of how I feel about Sweden, to be honest. Yeah, you don’t run into too many Sapphos these days. Thanks for the reply. ;)