New here & struggling

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Applesnbananas, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Applesnbananas

Applesnbananas New Member

Hi all ,
    Just want to say hello and I am new here I created an acct to hopefully find some clarity or if not, than some friends. I'm mid to late 20's and am a single mom, one son. I have been back and forth since I was a young teenager thinking whether or not I was gay, most recent years I've thought more about it. Never have been in a sexual physical relationship with a woman always have been men, more attracted to women I guess but some men because that's what I'm used to or maybe just their attention? Does that make sense? I've only had a few long term relationships and by long I mean tops 3 years. I didn't think I wanted children and when I got pregnant with my son I felt like this is suppose to happen.. I have been single for awhile .. I have flings but maybe has to do with daddy/mommy issues and needing to feel love somehow. I live in a small small town and the gay pool is quite small .. I have attempted to date women long distance but that doesn't work when it's online/ never met before blah blah .. anyways .. long story short I've always been with men, I am attracted to women, I think about my sexuality a lot ... it's often on my mind. I plan to see a counsellor but that will be about 2 month wait time so I hope to find someone to talk to. What do you think? Is there a test online? Lol jk but not :)

2. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hello there asnbs, nice to meet you and welcome. Sorry to read you’re having a rough time. Yes, the story makes sense to me, and as long as you’re being true to yourself, that’s the most important thing. (We can lie to other people, after all, but not to our own hearts and minds.) I dunno about tests online or that kinda thing, but you could always talk to me if you felt like it. (I’m a gentleman on the outside but a girly lebbi on the inside.) Best of luck to you with everything in the meantime. AE may not be as active as it was years ago, but there are a number of us here still contributing and keeping it alive. Cheers! XOXO, GEM

Applesnbananas likes this.
  3. Beth35

Beth35 New Member

Hi! I just joined and I am finally armiting myself tyat I am bisexual and debating coming out to family and friends... its hard work isnt it? X

Applesnbananas likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Thank you for the like, A.n.b. And hello Beth, sorry about this very late reply, I’ve just been on the site very sporadically lately. It (the site)’s a little dead at the moment, and while I’m not sure if I had anything to do with “killing” it, I’ve been making myself scarce. If I could’ve, I’d have changed my AE name a year or two ago. But yes, indeed, it’s true what you say, and in my situation as well.