Never had to try so hard

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by MJ519, Apr 5, 2018.

1. MJ519

MJ519 Member

Hi all! So, I've been talking to this girl for a couple of weeks. We've been hitting it off real well. We went on two dates, but we weren't really alone. So, she was hinting that I ask her out...although I did try and she was busy. Anyway, so, I asked her what day is good, and told her I'm taking her out on a real date. She seemed to be playing games with me, like not responding to texts, which I've never been one for that, but I kept trying. I've never had to do this typical dating stuff, so I don't know how it works or I guess how she works. I texted her yesterday though, to set it up and plan it. Today, I texted her too late and she said she didn't think it was still happening, because she hadn't heard from me. So I Asked when she's free to try again, and now no response, again. If I haven't heard from her in the morning, do I try and deal and just hope she eventually texts me? Or text again and be more specific on telling her a day, because it seems she likes when I tell her what is happening? And maybe she wants to see that I'm really trying. And maybe she's playing with me again? Part of me thinks, the way she's talked to me, I shouldn't have to worry about pushing it too much. Especially, we really did have a great time, the two times we went out. But, who knows, maybe she will start getting annoyed or something.

Thanks!

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Your profile says you are 30, so I assume this woman is also 30-ish (and not 16, which is how she’s asking).

She’s an asshat, she’s playing games with you. If you take her out, it’s just going to be more games. Get out now before you waste more effort on her.

Just quit putting effort into a date with her. If she’s really interested in you, she will step up and ask you out. Or step up and offer specific times for you to take her out. If she doesn’t, then you have your answer.

AWhiskeyThing and greylin like this.
  3. MJ519

MJ519 Member

Yeah, she's a couple months younger than.

I guess you're right. And if anything ever would come of it. It still may not change and she'll always expect me to text and plan stuff, with nothing in return. It's not like I have anyone else to waste my time on though. Lol.

Thank you!