Never Felt This Way Before

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by lifeimitatesart, Apr 22, 2015.

1. lifeimitatesart

lifeimitatesart New Member

-

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Her distancing herself sounds like she's got scared and retreated into herself. If this is the case, maybe she needs a good chat.

greylin likes this.
  3. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

Text what you just said...

"I really care for (you), and think it's worth a shot. I think that (maybe you) think I want to make it really public between us, and that's not the case. I don't mind being private about it, only my closest friends know about us, which is the same for (you?). All I know is that I (really like spending time with you)."

If she doesn't react to that, then it's hopeless and time to move on to somebody looking for whatever it is you're looking for...

greylin and Nancy like this.
  4. jellohead

jellohead Well-Known Member

Tell her what you told us. Call her every day and drag her out of her shell. Show her that she is what you want. Her wing woman has already given you the green light. Get back in there and get her so that you can live your life knowing that you did everything you could for this love.

If I had to do it
    all over I would have been braver, I would have told her what I felt, to her face, and not have spent all those nights writing in a stupid journal. I should have held her when she cried and kissed her, but I didn't. So I live life feeling like a f%$&ing fool.

5. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

@lifeimitatesart - sorry I am a bit late with this.

The hard part, is people aren't ready to come out until they are ready. You can't make anyone ready. And yes, good girls miss out on dating other good girls, because they aren't ready to face their sexuality.

Everyone's situation is different. For some people, coming out means facing a lot of obstacles - intolerant parents, a homophobic community, a religion that condemns homosexuality and internalized messages of homophobia. For other people it is "easier" - their parents are liberal, their community is tolerant, etc... But it's not really easy for anyone. Everyone has some issue that they struggle with - be it internalized homophobia or realizing that they always wanted to be a mum and now it will be different for them.

You can try to be gentle with her. But if she faces a lot of issues, she may not be ready to come out.