Need Legal advice. In which website can I post this.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Megha, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Megha

Megha Member

bcd

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I'm just going to ping somebody who can give you more advice about this.... @Spygirl

Megha and Spygirl like this.
  3. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

http://www.avvo.com/ask-a-lawyer (scroll down, you can ask a question for free) in their Q&A forums. But I guess if you want to know more in depth you have to pay the $39. I have never used it before so I don't know how it goes but surely that 1 free question in the Q&A should be ok?

Spygirl likes this.
  4. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

@Megha....I actually participate in the AVVO ask a lawyer. But I'll give you a freebie here. Usually you file divorce in the state in which you and/or the defendant in the action resides...meaning your state of residence right now (and have been living there) is Tennessee. Thus, you'd file divorce in Tennessee..you do NOT need to file in Connecticut. Most states have a residency requirement..meaning you'd have to live in a state for 6 months or a year before you can avail yourself to filing there.

PM me and I'll generally answer any questions you have. NOTE: I am not admitted to practice law in CT or Tennessee but I can give you general advice as to how the process works.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Megha likes this.
  5. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

AVVO is a great resource. I give back to the community and post a lot there.

Just Me, Bluenote and greylin like this.