My fellow sisters......help!

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by tinydots..., Dec 4, 2015.

1. tinydots...

tinydots... New Member

Alright, I totally just blew it with this girl i've been trying to read for months now and now she's gone back home (due to college xmas break) and I didn't take my chance and ask her for her number. Thing is, I can't tell if she's into me or even girls....She goes into my work to study (I work at a coffee shop) and we always talk forever and ever. Initially I didn't even think anything of her. I just assumed she was just another girl, but one day she came in and I was like hey, you having the usual? and she was like omg yes. I've had the longest day. And we talked about good days, and bad days for like 2 hours!!! The following day she came in and I was like hey Susie. and she was like omg you remember my name. And she says you make me feel so special. You know my name and my drink. And then after these occasions Id always catch her looking at me and she'd smile or wave. And she'd always come in on the weeknights I worked....she said she makes it a point to only come in on nights I work. I've been pretty good at getting flirty with her for the last two months or so she always talks to me. today I got to my work early and was doing some homework and I had my headphones on. (totally in my study zone) and when I looked up she was standing in front of me. I blanked. I of course said hello, but idk why. I had such a hard time getting a simple hello out. I asked if she was going to study tonight and she was like oh no, I'm about to drive back home. And I said, oh thats cool. Wheres home? and she says, dallas. And stupid me replied, gosh I hate dallas. (I really do) And she just laughed and was like....well its cool. So do I. I asked her about her finals and we talked about school and our majors. And I just couldn't work any clear sentences out. At some point when she went to pick up her order she came back to talk to me and was like....hey what we're you saying, and I stuttered again. I was like....yeah I don't remember. And she goes omg yes you do. And I said, I really don't (I really didn't) and idk. It just got awkward. Really awkward. She stumbled over her words I stumbled over mine.

I felt really dumb. (i still feel really dumb) Theres always that lingering, "should've said this, should've said that" and most of the time honestly, Im pretty smooth with her and make her laugh. :(

Now she'll be back in a month but idk how to even approach her. I want to ask her for her number so bad but have no idea how to even approach her. Like I said, I can't read her. My gut tells me yes because like I said she always makes a point to come say hello to me and every time I make her drink she always walks over to say thank you, and it usually ends with some sort of "you're my favorite barista...." or something smitten like that. I thought maybe talking about her major would help me get some sort of "this is how I get your #" going but, her major and mine are on total opposite ends.

I have a month......HELP!

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

From "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
    Sir Te: When it comes to the affairs of the heart, even the greatest warriors can be consummate idiots.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I hope you realize that true love is when the person you like, likes you back even though you have a booger hanging out of your nose. Oh, and, please give Dallas a chance, it just might grow on you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  3. PooleContract

PooleContract Member

I think you might have a case of paralysis by analysis which basically means you're overthinking this to death.
    Chill out. If you like someone and they like you back, there would be this inevitable chemistry between you two whereby you would have a means to get a hold of each other when you need to. In other words, you would not be at the mercy of waiting to see her at a coffee shop. Next time you see her, if you are so inclined, ask her if she wants to exchange numbers and maybe grab a bite or drinks (if you're of age).

rainydaze and greylin like this.
  4. THECONMONI

THECONMONI Member

Did you find out anything more after she came back? I worked at Starbucks for a whole an an older woman I'm guessing late 30's would come in, she and I would try to casually talk but I stumbled over my words. I knew she was gay because she dated someone that worked there before. Anyways I wonder what happened with your story :)

greylin likes this.
  5. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

When she comes back, just ask for her number and go from there. After some time, casually say you're into girls and see whether you can actually hook up with her :) If not, you'll a least gain a new friend :)

greylin likes this.