Muslim coworker

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Taneisha, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Taneisha

Taneisha New Member

So im so confused. I work with this girl, here name is Fatima, and she is muslim(wears the hijab). I find her very attractive. I think she is a great person, we get along great, i am openly gay and slightly butch btw.
    I sometimes , when im attracted to a girl will flirt without realizing it. Just who i am. I was flirting with her, and at first she just would laugh, but then she started flirting back.
    Am i reading to much into this? Has any lesbian on here ever dated a muslim woman b4?

2. Maroon

Maroon Member

Are you wondering if there is a possibility that she could be gay? One thing I’m sure is that There are gay muslims - most probably very in the closet (depending where they live too).

3. Taneisha

Taneisha New Member

Yes . We live in oregon. She is orignally from yemen . I just wanted to know others experience in similair situations before i ask her out or not.

4. Maroon

Maroon Member

perhaps you could ask her out for coffee and get to know her better first?

Straight girls(with religion or not) do love flirting with people like us especially since you mentioned that you look slightly butch and they’ve got nothing to lose. And we always hope they’re all not like that.

Hopefully the coffee/dinner session would give you some clues on the flirts - if it means something more.

5. Taneisha

Taneisha New Member

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try that tom. I was thinking about asking her for coffee but just never pulled the trigger. You make sense. I will try.

6. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I would not make asking her to coffee your next step. Particularly that you have been flirting so this step you are taking would be a mini date. I am saying this because a friend of mine recently met some friendly guy at work and next thing he asked her out to lunch alone and she felt really awkward.

People like making friends at work but being asked out put them in a weird cloud of sorts. What I do instead, when I tried to make friends with someone at work was noticing things about them and get them talk about themselves. Get to know her but I would not make a move. Sometimes getting a cup of coffee can be less deliberate and more organic as colleagues. It can evolve over time like offering to get her a cuppa because you were going anyway. Then eventually you maybe able to do a coffee run together.

Also get to know her because she did make a big move to another country. She could probably use a friend.

Maroon and Nancy like this.
  7. Taneisha

Taneisha New Member

Sorry greylin i saw your post after i already asked her. But it seems to have worked out well in my case, thank god. We had coffee togeather and it was nice. I dont think she felt akwards

Maroon likes this.
  8. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Lol, don’t be sorry. So glad you guys went out and had a good time! :) I am a bit on the conservative side.