Move away or stay close?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Thirteen_Diary, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Thirteen_Diary

Hi everyone,
    I have just broken up with my gf of 2 years. We had a rough patch, made it work for a while but recently we have broken up. She said she feels like she needs space to find her again etc - I know lesbian break ups are nice & long, so I have endeavoured to take everything she says as her 100% feeling toward the situation, instead of clinging on to any hope.

Anyway the thing is, I have a job close by & now I am essentially homeless I have to make the decision of either finding a place close by to work (which is inevitably close to her) or handing in my notice & moving back to the city my family live in & trying to start fresh (with everything).

In all honesty, i don't want to go back to where my family live, but my job just doesn't pay enough for me to realistically find a new place & live comfortably.

My mind is all over the place right now, I just don't want to make a decision i will regret, so any advice would be greatly appreciated right now.

2. jess3

jess3 Member

Hi,
    In my opinion I think you should find a place close to your work and see how that goes, especially since you can't really afford to move back close to your parents. There is a chance that you might bump into each other but if she needs space then maybe it will be enough space with you moving out. If it doesn't work out then maybe you could then look at handing your notice in and moving back to your parents.

I hope that helps, but it is a difficult decision to make so I can only give you my advice and wish you good luck with everything.