Mixed signals

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Kourtney, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Kourtney

Kourtney Member

Ok I wasn't gon post anymore on my situation at work with "the boss". I was getting a lil repetitive with posts...so yea I finally got some courage to talk to her..During her convo she mentions she has BF??..That threw me off ...If You had a bf you wouldn't be messing/flirting with me right?

Or wrong?

2. Narley

Narley Well-Known Member

Actually I'm not really that surprised, this is one of the reasons I say don't get attached to anyone in your work place.
    It's a unique environment that you HAVE to spend your time in because you have to work. At the same time you're thrust together with other people you normally wouldn't choose to spend your time with. So what people tend to do is find various ways to entertain themselves for the 8hours of the day. And sure genuine friendships and indeed relationships can form. But a lot of people like to do what they call "harmless flirting" they tell themselves that they can do it because they're in a relationship and it's just work so a little entertainment won't hurt.

Basically Kourtney she's getting a kick out of flirting with you. She probably thinks it's even more harmless because you're a girl and straight (I'm assuming she doesn't know you're bi-curious)
    And that sucks and is all kinds of wrong. But you need to realise that that's what it is to her. If you're comfortable that you can handle it and keep it on a friendly setting then great. But if not i would subtly put some distance between the two of you.
    Has this whole situation made you think you may be bi? Or were you just interested in the office girl? I think that may be where you truly need to focus your thoughts. What does this mean for you personally! And do you even want to have a relationship with a girl? These are important things to consider because finding the answer may help clarify the situation with office girl and you can move on from there. Goodluck

greylin and Bluenote like this.
  3. Kourtney

Kourtney Member

Well I think I'm actually bisexual..I have had crushes on a few women outside my workplace..But never had them actually serious or nonserious try talk to me like her..

4. Kourtney

Kourtney Member

Thanks for the reply, I found myself interested in female outside of work..Even downloading an app to pursue them...I definitely am bi-curious..But I will leave this situation alone...

Narley likes this.
  5. Narley

Narley Well-Known Member

Good for you! And Goodluck