Meeting other lesbians

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by eaura, Nov 8, 2015.

1. eaura

eaura Member

Hey AE's! Thought I'd put this one out there.. I've just moved to Melbourne, Australia, I know absolutely no one. I've lost touch with a lot of fellow lesbians/bisexuals and am trying to build up new connections. I'm in a relationship but all her friends are heterosexual and I'm seriously lacking in contact with people on the same wavelength as me.

rainydaze and Rarabro like this.
  2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

rainydaze, Emm and Rarabro like this.
  3. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

I'm having some pretty good success with online dating. Have you tried that?

Pink Sofa is constantly buggy/down... which is unfortunate as I've met the bulk of my new found lesbian acquaintances there. We've now all moved onto email or Facebook as a result of the bugs.

Also Meetup is great. :)

Bluenote likes this.
  4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Doesn't Melbourne have a great cafe culture? Maybe you could find a lesbian / gay cafe to frequent?

5. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

I'm a sydney girl so I can't help as much. Did you move interstate or internationally? If it's just for friends then give meet up a go. Melbournes a big enough city there should be a couple of decent ladies meet up groups !

Roxy B and rainydaze like this.
  6. Rarabro

Rarabro Member

Unfortunately I'm from a smallish town in NSW so i can relate to your situation somewhat, but Melbourne must be teaming with lesbians? or I've always imagined so? LOL.. Maybe try tracking down local lez nights to go to? I know there is at least one down there as some people I knew used to go. (Can't think of the name of it though) You could take your partner and make some friends? otherwise, I'd suggest online for sure. When I was up on the Gold Coast there was heaps of ladies on tinder "just looking to meet some friends" so maybe you could try that? Although thats rather annoying for singles, haha, I'm sure there would be a lot of people doing the same. :)

rainydaze likes this.
  7. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Oh damn....I'm the last aussie on the welcome wagon! And also not in Melbourne (we're friendly but sadly not so good with the helpfulness).
    I thought Melbourne had a pretty good gay scene, @aussie_gabby probably nailed it with checking out meetup, they seem to be pretty good and I'm guessing if Wollongong can have a gay gals group Melbourne is bound to have some.

@Bluenote is right about the cafe culture...at least you can console yourself in the meantime with more great flat whites than you can shake a stick at

rainydaze likes this.
  8. eaura

eaura Member

Thanks guys. Solid advice. Gonna give meet up a shot too. Melbs is super friendly as it turns out and has a decent gay scene but like a lot of places lacking in joints for ladies

rainydaze likes this.