Maybe this is silly

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Louiseallan, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Louiseallan

Louiseallan New Member

I was wondering everyone's opinion: how do we know someone is interested? Sure, touch is a good indicator, but sometimes i feel like we all know whether another person is interested, regardless of touch. I feel like i can usually tell anyhow - maybe theres an aura you give off when youre around someone you like. Anyhow, I've been feeling this with an old friend. We met up after not seeing eachother for maybe years, she's newly single, back in her hometown, and it felt like a date. We hung out a lot with friends over the next month, would meet up for lunch dates.. This whole time we would talk about other women to eachother. I think i was trying to see how she'd react, to test her. She slept over once, we watched a movie together on my bed, she grabbed my arm when we were out w friends.. Theres just been a lot of points when i think i wouldve made a move if it wasnt a friend ive known for 15 years. Now she acts strange and ignores my texts and has just moved 2 hrs away. Anyway my main question is, can we trust our gutt feeling when it tells us someone is interested?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I think if someone moves two hours away and ignores your texts, they aren't interested. Or they are deeply closeted.

I think it can be hard to rely on gut feelings, because many people project wishful thinking onto ambiguous behavior, like a touch on the arm, or making eye contact. Honestly the only way to tell if someone is interested for sure is to be direct and ask them out. If it's not a good situation to ask them directly (coworker, long term friend, etc...) then it's probably not a good situation to date them, either.

3. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

It's a date when you both agree it's a date. It's not a date when two people meet up and one thinks it feels like a date, the other maybe just having a catch up with her friend.

Have you considered the fact that she's ghosting you? Which is a nasty move for anyone to pull. But ignoring texts is a massive not-interested klaxon.