LTR over; coparenting in same house

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Booklvr9, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Booklvr9

Booklvr9 Member

LTR is essentially over due to many factors --- not least of which is her selfishness and bankruptcy after years of financial mismanagement. However, we still co-parent in the same house with kids ages 11 and 8. She cannot really afford to leave, but more importantly still thinks LTR is viable.

I just need someone to talk to ... I've explored my options and for now am maintaining the status quo, but am struggling to keep my sanity and serenity in the situation.

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I am a little confused about it being LTR and then coparenting in the same house. I think if it is affecting you this much you just have to cut ties. If you are not ok the kids are not going to be either. If I were you I would figure out what I really want and get legal counsel regarding the kids.

I have seen couples who cannot afford to really split up their home or put their kids in shared time in two different homes come up with emotionally manageable and creative arrangements like having a renting out a small living space in the backyard to the spouse. The important thing is that you need to set enough boundaries to keep yourself comfortable. Good luck and I feel for ya.