Lost for words

Discussion in 'Hobbies, Health & Fitness, Sports' started by Jessi Eastman, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Jessi Eastman

Jessi Eastman Member

Today I found out my best friend has cancer, she just found out. She is my sister in crime, has always been there for me especially when I came out. When I told her she replied, yea I kinda figured, the important thing is what are we doing for lunch. We don't know what stage, we're thinkimg stage 2 because of her symptoms, but we don't know. I don't want to freak out, so I thought I'd put my thoughts out here. I couldn't imagine my life without her, she's my sister. The one that potential gfs have to pass. Man did she hate my ex lmao. My own damn fault dating someone in the middle of a divorce with husband issues lol.

I'm taking her to lunch in a bit, seems to be how we deal with things...food lol. Funny thing is I'm a social worker, great at helping other people with these type of things but I have an emotional attachment that's never been this prevalent so I don't know how to react....

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear it. Good thoughts sent her way...

3. Jessi Eastman

Jessi Eastman Member

Thanks Bluenote.

Bluenote likes this.
  4. m-ris

m-ris Member

That is so hard. I just thought about what I would do if my best friend told me they had cancer and the thought pains me too much to think :( I think in this situation you just have to keep an open mind and an open heart and just be there for her. You are best friends for a reason! Be who you always have been and don't be afraid to tell her how you truly feel, no matter how hard it is. I hope everything works out for the best...

Moses likes this.
  5. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

My bestfriend passed away from cancer 7 years ago... Don't give up any chance to be with them.

6. Jessi Eastman

Jessi Eastman Member

I came back home to see her, she's going to be moving to the Dallas area in a few weeks so that'll be good. Thanks for the words:)

m-ris, Bluenote and Just Me like this.
  7. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

I wish I had taken more videos and pictures too... Sounds silly, but you really take little things like stupid calls, banter and lunches for granted sometimes. I remember when she was asking me to shave her head after chemotherapy, sad as it was we still had to laugh about it.

Moses and Bluenote like this.
  8. m-ris

m-ris Member

Stay strong! If you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to private message me. I know how hard it can be processing these things on your own! Happy holidays!

Bluenote likes this.