Long distance love - we made it!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by SnRK1, Aug 26, 2015.

1. SnRK1

SnRK1 New Member

Hey,

I read this forum all the time but have never posted. I thought I would break my silence, not because I need advice, but because I want to encourage others who may have been in a similar situation.

Next week my girlfriend and I are finally moving in together after 4 years of a long distance relationship. It has been tough at times, but we knew we both needed to focus on our careers first. I wanted to encourage people who may be struggling with long distance relationships to take a deep breath and power through it, if you think she is worth it. In my opinion, with a bit of effort, love always wins. Never let distance get in the way, it CAN work and even if you are apart you can still share so many happy times creating wonderful memories. Focus on the positives, talk lots, delight in each others achievements, cherish the moments you spend together and love like you have never been hurt.

Good luck and I hope you all find happiness xxx

2. eaura

eaura Member

Awesome. Congrats! 4 years is a huge feat, it's definitely hard but you can't argue with a solid connection. ;)

SnRK1 and wonderlust like this.
  3. pikatan2

pikatan2 Well-Known Member

Awwwww congrats :D hopefully everything went well D xx

SnRK1 likes this.
  4. anonymous25

anonymous25 New Member

A wonderful achievement, well done! Thanks for sharing.