London Advice?

Discussion in 'International' started by Kaorin, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Kaorin

Kaorin Member

Hi all :)

I'd like a bit of help on meeting girls in London? Lately, I feel as though I'm caught in a rut and am not getting anywhere, despite my best efforts. I'll try to not rant too much, but here's my situation:

I'm almost 25 and I've been single for 3.5 years now. I do have friends - straight and gay ones. The gay ones, I tend to go to gay bars with every so often. My friends seem to meet people regularly, find relationships easily and don't seem to understand why I struggle so much.

I've tried everything I can think of to either a) meet someone special, or b) make more gay friends to do things with. I've tried online dating for the past couple of years, which has been totally unsuccessful. I've tried meeting girls on nights out, which works sometimes but, again, mostly unsuccessful. I've been attending some lesbian meetup groups to make more gay friends and, so far, this is somewhat working, but they're generally not people my age.

Now, I hope this doesn't make me sound big-headed or anything, but I like to think I'm not unattractive. I'd probably describe myself as a bit of a tomboy-femme. I don't get zero interest, but it often feels as though people are just looking to hook up and aren't really all that interested in getting to know me the same way I'd like to get to know them.

Basically, I wondered if there was anyone here with a similar problem? Or anyone who could simply offer some advice?

Also, if there's anyone here from London who'd be open to having someone new to chat to/hang out with, then that would be really cool :)

Thanks!

2. headcase

headcase Active Member

Hey! I'm London based and was thinking the same thing. There isn't much happening for our age group, everywhere filled with teenyboppers or coupledom. I've been going to an open mic music night in soho and people have been ok there if you wanted to meet up, grab a drink, listen to some good acoustic stuff?

3. Reemp

Reemp Member

Hi,

I have been single for about a year and half now, and having exactly the same problem. Where do you meet girl's?

If I'm honest I don't have many gay friends and I feel like I want/need some. My straight friends are great but they don't fully understand how it works. It's a lot easier for them to meet new people than it is for straight people.

I'm 30, enjoy going out so if anyone fancies making a new friend, that would be great. :)

4. Kaorin

Kaorin Member

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles!

It's a shame there's no private messaging options on this site anymore, otherwise I'd just send you both a message! Any suggestions on how we can start chatting properly? :)

5. Kaorin

Kaorin Member

I obviously didn't look very hard as there's actually a Conversation option... I've added you both to it if you're still interested in having a chat :)