Locking eyes

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by CherryBlossoms, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CherryBlossoms

CherryBlossoms New Member

case closed. apologies.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

What it means is you should stay away. Coworker, higher position, family ties to the company.

No, revise that- you should run screaming away.

Eye contact can mean lots of different things from 'omg, that creepy Cherry Blossom is staring at me again,' to someone who makes eye contact with everyone to intrest.

But we tend to see what we want. So if we like someone we will interpret everyday things 'she said hello!!' as attraction.

In less loaded circumstances I would say- don't agonise about little gestures, just chat a girl up and take it from there.

But here - run, far and fast away.

Seriously you are in London and your best option is to stare at your older coworker, who is senior to you in some kind of family business.

Really? There are no cute, your age not coworker gay girls in all of fucking London?? Really?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  3. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Ahhh, you are one of those. You want what you can't have. Ms. we-have-staring-contests is the forbidden fruit. You have lots of admirers but are fixated on a women who is wildly inappropriate.

Always wanting what you can't have is a painful way to go through life. I don't know what to say other than don't stoke that side of your personality. The stares could mean anything and don't fixate on them.

Spygirl likes this.
  4. Throwawayandawa

Throwawayandawa New Member

I'm so late to the party.

On the flip side, these situations can be the hottest you'll find yourself in.

There's that saying, "there's no smoke without fire" and yet there's always that doubt in the back of your mind.

Now, I don't know the full story because you deleted your first post but I get the gist.

Enjoy the feeling, let it consume you alive and break your own heart. You'll get over it.

Bluenote gives you solid, rational advice. Consider me the devil on your shoulder.

So, how are things at work?