Lesbians who sleep with men and enjoy it

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by MollyBB, Oct 5, 2013.

1. MollyBB

MollyBB Active Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtsqciPLwfU

What do you think about that video? It's really confusing and I really can't agree with their logic. They claim sexual orientation is only about romantic feelings and not about sex. To me they are (homoromantic) bi- or pansexuals. No wonder guys think they have a chance with lesbians when videos like that are being made.

2. Love*Cali

Love*Cali Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's so confusing. We get confused the minute we begin to try categorizing everyone and there are some who do not fit any description.

Personally...I fall in love with women and only women. I have no interest in relationships with men. I do not think about them at the end of the day; I do not care for them (in that way). I am sick with the thought of kissing them and instinct tells me to pull away when they get physically close or try to form some close intimate bond. But I do get sexually turned on by penis. I cannot answer for it; that is just the way it is for me.

3. Squish

Squish Well-Known Member

I agree with Molly. I think the labels are what throw so many people off. If everyone just had the idea that every human being is capable of being with whoever they want, emotionally or physically, it would make things a hell of a lot easier. None of this 'Oh I'm this, but I prefer this to that, and when I'm with someone like this then I can't do that'... it sounds ridiculous for a start.
    I find men and women attractive, however I wont label myself as Bi, I just like who I like based on the person. That being said, its harder for me to fall for a guy and do the cuddly stuff...but I wont ever rule it out as a possibility because I'll never know who's around the corner.
    So does that make me Bi because I could be with either? Or lesbian with bi tendencies because I don't fall for men easily? Or something entirely different? If I start labeling myself, others will too...Which leads to confusion if I do something outside of that label.

That video is a prime example of the way labels confuse not only the viewers, but people who are still trying to figure out their own feelings and urges.

4. Love*Cali

Why should anyone need to figure out their type and to what degree they like specific sorts of people? Why not just go with the flow?....If you fall for this guy over here, go with it. If you like that girl down there, go with it. Would a person actually stop themselves and say "Wait, I'm lesbian; I'm not supposed to do this."?

5. MollyBB

MollyBB Active Member

Love*Cali, that person should stop themselves and say "Wait, I'm having sex with men and enjoying it, I'm NOT a lesbian."

6. Love*Cali

Why "should" they? Because it's their duty to everyone else?

I do say that I'm bisexual when asked however I'm frequently temped to label myself lesbian. I don't like men in any special way; I could live without them. I do not date them and never will.

7. Maison Clicquot

Maison Clicquot Well-Known Member

If I were some god (the cool one of course), I would take out all the labels in this world, it would be much better. It's already ridiculous to hear people fighting over some words. Or, if I want to have more fun, I would create more types of attractions. Yes, that's it. Attracted to the streets. You just lay down naked on the street and embrace it like you are doing an angel. That's an interesting sexual attraction, to see naked people all over the street.

8. MollyBB

MollyBB Active Member

If women who only enjoy and have sex with women want to have their own label, why do YOU want to deny it from them?

9. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

I consider myself pansexual because sexual identity & orientation don't matter to me . Love is love. Ppl are ppl. I used to consider myself a lesbisn till I met my current bf which made things really confuseing especially considering how long it had taken me to even get to that point.

I think it's dumb w even have to label what we are or whst we like. You should just be sble to love someone without having to worry sbout what thst meams. Especially because people can interpret things in do mamy different ways.

Its like on the l word where Tina is dating a man. I believe its season 5? But she makes a comment to Jenny sbout how being a lesbian is mire of a political identity. And as weird as it sounds I totally get that.

But everyone likes different stuff. Genders, types of sex... some people are even asexual.
    But everyone deserves to live their lives in a way tha makes them happy, without being analyzed by everyone eles. Especially if it doesn't affect anyone eles.

Lesbians who just sleep with womem don't like ppl picking it apart to figure out " why". Everyone deserves respect. And just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it isn't legitimate.

I'm not trying to come across as abrasive or rude. I just hate how people have to lable love & sex when its so obvious that its fluid. In fear humans have to put everything in a box, when really its not even something worth the energy to worry about. There is mo concrete answer.

10. MollyBB

MollyBB Active Member

You can't ask those who want to label themselves not to just because you mistakenly labeled yourself as a lesbian and now it doesn't matter to you. Can you accept that it does matter to me and numerous other people? Like you said you were confused but not everyone is. Many people know who they are and what they want from early on without confusion. This isn't about not being able to comprehend something, it's about non-monosexual people knowingly using the wrong label. I take pride to call myself a lesbian and it's not a negative thing to me. Love and sex is NOT fluid to me. AND I'm not attracted to men and I don't sleep with men.

PS. no offense but quoting a fictional character from a fictional TV show for facts is so silly do you realize this?

11. MizzLadyPants

My only point really is that labels in general are stupid. If your so desperate to cling to that label that's your prerogative.

12. MizzLadyPants

And everyone is different. A lot of ppl believe sexuality to be fluid. Just because YOU don't believe that does not make it false.

That's kinda my whole point we're alll different. We feel differently & think differently about ideas. That's the beauty of being human.
    So have fun having a closed mind & wasting your time judging people you don't even know.

Just like people judge you.

13. MollyBB

MollyBB Active Member

I am not judging anyone. Actually it's you who is judging: "just because you can't comprehend something", "I just hate how people have to lable love & sex", "it's dumb w even have to label", "labels are stupid", "have fun having a closed mind". Those are all your words.

I never said that sexuality being fluid to SOME people is false. You said this: "I just hate how people have to lable love & sex when its so obvious that its fluid." Which I disagree with, it is not obvious to everyone, myself being an example since I'm not fluid.

If you don't like labels why do you insist using the lesbian label then? Just be happy without a label and let those who want to use one have theirs. Oh, I see you labeled yourself as pansexual anyway, why is that?