Lesbians support AfterEllen

Discussion in 'Welcome to the new AfterEllen!' started by Little terfy, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Little terfy

Little terfy New Member

Dear AfterEllen,I would like to say thank you,from the bottom of my heart,for keeping your page for lesbians, women born women and our supporters.Never in my life have I witnessed such hate,bigotry and homophobia from those who claim to be our allies.Threats,harassment and the absolute bile and venom coming from the mouths of some people is terrifying.Please...please always stay a group for women,we must support each other now more than ever.Clearly,there is a concerted effort going on by some people that try to deny our existence.Women love women,lesbians do not,and never ever have dated biological males. Stay strong AfterEllen,I and thousands of other women appreciate you.Love and strength to you all....

2. Beattie Harbin

Beattie Harbin New Member

So very disappointed with Diva, Curve, LotL etc. No longer centering lesbians: women who love women; same-sex attracted women. A woman is millions of cells with only X chromosomes; a natural endogenous mix of hormones; her own pheromones and so, so much more. Every minute of life lived as a girl and a woman and all that that means. Human beings cannot change their sex. A man cannot become a woman. I am a lesbian. I love women. It is not only about the physical, but it IS about the physical. It was so liberating to find firstly LotL, then Curve(Deneuve), then Diva. Who could have imagined that having found a print media community 25+ years ago that this is where we would end up? Being vilified and marginalised for refusing to accept natal males as lesbians. Unwelcome at Pride, excluded from Dyke marches, denigrated for our same-sex orientation by Pink News, abandoned by lesbian magazines. Where do we go?

3. Donna1977

Donna1977 New Member

I’m a long time reader but have never been this motivated to post in the forums until I saw the ATTACKS we are under! Thank you AE! I’m sick n tired of having to defend my preferences! I don’t even date bi women because too many bi women I know have become “queers” or are at least more antagonistic to our (born)WL(born)W preferences! I want to see AE become exclusively a lesbian site! Take the L out of the acronym and let all those other sites/magazines have the p*nis loving queers!

WitchSeparatist and Little terfy like this.
  4. aine duffy

aine duffy New Member

So - I'm, one of those 1000s of other women. I know that most of our [purported] fora/papers/sites etc have had to/chose to capitulate to the craziness. I'm serious when I say that I want to support you. I'm at the point in my life when I earn a decent penny. And the next generation of lesbians looks like they need my support in the same way as I - as a baby dyke - relied on MY generation of elders to help me through. How may I help?

WitchSeparatist and Melina like this.