Lady Aviator

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by starbuck, Dec 1, 2013.

1. starbuck

starbuck Member

Hello ladies, fellow writers and lovers of the written word. I wanted to share with you the iTunes release of my novel Lady Aviator.

10 years after its completion I took the advice of a friend and decided to self publish... alas she now sits burried amongst thousands of other works within the cyber world of eBooks. So I thought I'd share a brief synopsis here, amongst my peers, family and friends.

Synopsis: LADY AVIATOR by Angela Giorgio
    During the great depression young steel heiress Catherine Stewart is introduced to flying outside of her home in upstate New York. It quickly becomes both a passion and escape, which years later draws her into helping the Allied efforts during WWII. 

Catherine grapples with her expected responsibilities while simply wanting to live life to the fullest, knowing one day she must fight for her rightful position in running the family business… and all before the age of 24. 

Never one to restrict herself within the confines of the social elite, Cate falls in love with a student pilot while ferrying planes during the war. Soon after her love for Leigh becomes severed when a mission to deliver a plane to Italy goes horribly wrong and she'is injured during the attack. Afterwards Cate is quickly wisked back stateside to mend.

Somewhat heartbroken over the loss of her love, she turns her focus towards gaining control of the steel business… the business she inherited but was never allowed to actually run. Cate proceeds in a screwed and determined way, and with the help of her closest as well as a few unexpected friends.

If you're a fan of Downton Abbey or Sarah Waters you might enjoy my work... or perhaps know someone who would.
    I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read my post.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season.

Cheers,
    Angela Giorgio

p.s. LADY AVIATOR can be located within iTunes or iBooks by simply searching my name.