Just venting

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Magiccity78, May 1, 2016.

1. Magiccity78

Magiccity78 New Member

So my ex and I just broke up on Thursday. We were together 6 years. While she was sleeping next to me, I discovered she was cheating by going through her texts. She cheated with a male friend of hers who lives in another state. She recently went to visit him, and had planned on going back this weekend. My gut is never wrong and several things didn't add up so I decided to be "nosy nellie". She admitted to screwing up and moved out.

I'm very upset and devastated not only for the betrayal, but also because she could so easily do that knowing my mother died 9 months ago and I'm still grieving her loss. I just can't fathom hurting someone, and having a complete disregard for their heart and feelings. It's unimaginable. I'll survive- I've survived worse. It just breaks my heart that I've lost my person and best friend to her own selfishness and stupidity.

2. jay_bird

jay_bird Member

I'm so sorry; that is a terrible situation. The gut instinct is often impeccable!

I can't imagine how you must feel. I guess the only thing to do is to move forward and try to be positive--at least you caught her before spending another 6 years on a relationship that wouldn't fulfill either of you in the end...

greylin and rainydaze like this.
  3. Insisterous

Insisterous Member

My condolences to you. I understand how devastating it is to completely trust someone but your gut feeling tells you something is wrong. I know while grieving for your mother, it is not the most convenient time that you found out and contronted her cheating, but I applaused your bravery for doing that. I wish you the best and the strength to move on.

greylin and rainydaze like this.
  4. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

There's never a convenient time to break up. But look at the flip side -- she was doing you a favor. Would you rather her continue to lie and pretend that everything was okay..only to find out that she's been fake just to save your feelings? That's no way to live either. At least now, despite the horrible truth, you have honesty. And you can't put a price on that.

Hang in there. I've been where you are and it completely and totally sucks. At the same time, it WILL get better.

greylin, rainydaze and spiritz like this.
  5. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

Someone who did that was neither worth to be called your lover or your best friend. Betrayal's betrayal. Now we all know that feelings change-if she wanted to hook up with this guy, she should've broken up with you 1st (despite knowing your delicate situation; my condolences for your loss). At least, if she did that, she would've been honest and could've stayed your friend.