Just slept with my bestie, Help!!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by quarterlifedame, Dec 13, 2015.

1. quarterlifedame

quarterlifedame New Member

So, my best friend and I had an amazing night of fun that began as girls night out, and by the end of the night was an exercise in exploration and an acknowledgement of a truth we had both been dancing around for a long time. The night began in a platonic enough way by celebrating my 30th at a small bar and it ended with us taking a long stroll holding hands around my quiet scenic neighborhood to the most amazing, life affirming and traumatic love making I've ever experienced. I've known for a long time that I've had feelings for her (and other women); however my feelings were reciprocated last night after a previous attempt to kiss her about a year ago and my world has completely been turned on its axis since the moment we hit the dance floor last night. I'm okay with loving her, I'm okay with who I am; What I cannot bear is the thought they we may have taken our friendship to a place where it may not survive... and further more where our romantic feeling will just be left in an attempt to reclaim "normalcy" HELP?

2. Canuck8881

Canuck8881 Well-Known Member

If your lover/partner/spouse (whatever you want to call it) is also your best friend, you win!!!! Stop being afraid of it and celebrate that you have something that most people will never find. BELIEVE!!!

3. quarterlifedame

quarterlifedame New Member

Thank you Canuck❤ for your kind and inspiring words. I'm trying so hard to stay calm and let love just be the only thing that matters.its new and its scary and it exciting but I'm hanging in there:)

4. Dizzure

Dizzure Member

5. Dizzure

Dizzure Member

The fact that you both had mind blowing sex tells me she's just as interested. She didn't try to stop you in the middle of the amazing sex to tell you "you both are making a mistake." I would give it time to and have a sober conversation with her just to see if she feels the same way about you. I am cheering for you in hopes that she's into you and ready to love. Good luck!