just curious if anyone has experienced this b...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Pi3, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Pi3

Pi3 Well-Known Member

I will cut to the chase, I have this friend who likes to out me whenever he can. He didn't do it in meanie spirit of way, just as jokes that he always does or some of arguements we have on fb. I am fine with what he does and that's why I like him, because of his openness, but then I don't like it when he annouces it infront of some new people I don't even know. especially on fb, I have relatives who I would very much keep them out of my business :(.

I want to know is it common with straight friends.

2. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Well-Known Member

Re: just curious if anyone has experienced th...

I feel like this has happened to me a time or two (actually almost every time I meet a new person lol), my friends know that not all of my extended (and religious) family know that I am gay so they would never write anything on my fb; however when we are out it definitely comes up. I don't necessarily take any offense to it because to them my sexuality is not a big deal so they make comments that obviously out me in a very funny and natural way; but I actually prefer it. I can sometimes get in my own head and think that people will judge or be put off by my sexuality so I build up this unneeded negative energy about it and here go my friends putting it out there like they were making a comment about the weather. I am very femme, so most people just assume I am straight....I have had friends say "shocking that she likes ladies right?" or "you would be the one to get hit on at this club" (referring to the guys that I seem to easily attract...I think its because of the vibe I give off more so than my looks, I am not interested because I like girls but they probably just think its me playing hard to get and its a challenge of some sort) I laugh it off and so far I have not had any bad experiences.

3. Pi3

Pi3 Well-Known Member

Re: just curious if anyone has experienced th...

@MakeMeLaugh, sorry it had been a busy week for me :D and couldn't reply to you. thanks for this sharing, and lol so i am not alone at all :p. also OMG same here about feeling like people will judge part hahahha.

about femme, strange thing is people never think that i am gay even though i am quite androgyny. I get mistaken for boys a few time because of my short hair, but then i get hit by straight guys :(. do you think that is why they keep announce it??