It just doesn't feel right!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Olivia, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Olivia

Olivia Member

So there is this girl that I like a lot and I seriously would like to date her but my problem is that I do not quiet feel comfortable in dating her. To me it just doesn't 'feel right'. We get along in groups but as soon as we are alone it's kinda awkward between us we still can talk but it's all tensed up. I must say that I generally act pretty shy and awkward in front of my crushes.
    I'm afraid that it would be awkward between us if I asked her out and that we have nothing to talk about.

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Normally I'd say if something does not feel right, then don't do it. But you are curious still so I would just ask her out on a date just to confirm my gut.

What are the things that both of you like doing? Try to get her to talk about herself in a group situation and then you can find out more. When she talks, give her your rapt attention, ask questions and others may follow. Who wouldn't blossom under such attention?

3. staringatthesun

staringatthesun Well-Known Member

Well try to think about why things "tense up" when the two of you are alone? Could it simply be that you two do not know each other very well yet. I think maybe you should try spending more time with her alone and see what happens. One way you can try doing this is to invite her somewhere that only a small amount of time is needed to be filled with talking before say...an event goes on. This way it allows you to have some one on one talk time but not have to worry about entertaining her the whole time.

4. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

Being shy doesn't make thing wrong. Does she like girls?
    What you are experiencing happens to many of us... takes experience and guts to overcome it.... shyness.