Is this a good way to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by Rory, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Rory

Rory Member

Hi!

I'm lesbian, but none of my friends know. I really want to come out to them in a quirky way (because that's what we're all like).

At the end of the year, our school holds a thing we call "The Formal". It's basically a big ball that we all go to and dance and celebrate our last night as highschoolers, then in the morning we go and get our certificates and graduate.

I was thinking about coming out to them at The Formal somehow (undecided exactly how). That way, if they react badly, I won't have to worry about them, because if they don't accept me, I won't feel badly about leaving them to go to uni. But if they do, I will keep in contact with them. Plus, it's such a fun, happy atmosphere at the formal - everyone gets together and just have fun! I figured if they're all already happy and elated they'll react positively, too!

Some I know will accept me (if they don't suspect already) and I think maybe a few will be shocked and not like it (might get over it with time?).

Anyway, yay or nay? Thanks :D

2. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

Do whatever is acceptable by your school's code of conduct / dress / whatever. So bring a date or dress in a super-rainbow color outfit that is so flaming gay, you are setting off fire alarms.

Be quirky, have fun... world needs more people like you.