is this a deal breaker for most?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by geekface101, Nov 28, 2014.

1. geekface101

geekface101 New Member

i recently started dating this really cute girl. she's my first. we just spent our first night together and while it was REALLY great, we mostly stayed above the waist. The thing about that, is we got pretty worked up and went to sleep. The next morning, we went at it again, but there was a smell coming from me.

i was horrified, but she seemed to still be attracted to me as we were late to Thanksgiving meets due to activities. I will be taking care of a possible yeast infection this week. Lovely how these things happen as soon as i get a possible girlfriend.

Im new to girlfriends and relationships over all. i admit, I'm not sure how to handle such intimate situations without just abandoning ship. i guess i'd like to know if this has happened to you or your partners in the bed, and how did you handle it?

(i apparently need help being human?)

2. Narley

Narley Well-Known Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of being human Geekface101! Let's just get the good news out the way... We're all human. We can all be seriously disgusting, but at least we all in the same boat. I was the same as you, when i had my first intimate experience. It shocked me how self conscious I felt with the little things about my own body, and it's normal bodily functions that had never bothered me before. Even now when my girlfriend and i kiss in the morning we don't do more than a peck on the lips unless we've brushed our teeth. A) it's just common curtesy and b)... Hmm minty freshness ;) it's nicer that way. Basically ensure you maintain good hygiene and practice safe sex. Honestly the rest you'll get used to in time. And that my friend is the key. Time... Like every change in life there is a certain adjustment period you have to allow yourself.

Spygirl and invincible like this.
  3. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

It's not a big deal. But remember if you had one yeast infection, you'll have another.Be on the alert if you ever take antibiotics because they will almost certainly give you a yeast infection. Learn to spot it on your own and go straight to your gyno for a prescriotion that'll knock it out in 24 hours.

Narley likes this.
  4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I think it's no biggie. Go to the Doc, get it cleared up. Ask your Doc about making sure you don't spread it to the gf. Maybe that makes you shy, but trust me - my wife is a Doctor and the crazy stuff they hear / see. One little yeast infection is no big deal to them.

Then proceed based on the Doc's recommends. If they think it'll be cleared up in a few days, no biggie. If the medicine will take a week, it is your decision to tell the girl or just hold off. If you tell her and she is a jerk, well, she wasn't really gf material. If you decide not to tell her, its OK to say 'I want to go slow,' etc... and hold off until you are medically cleared.

Narley likes this.
  5. amy12

amy12 Member

This is where the whole "dating another girl" thing can come in handy. I bet she'll be understanding because she has either had one or can understand that they happen to women. And if she isn't understanding then that's a huge "red flag" in terms of her being "girlfriend" material....

Ooohwhatprettystars and Bluenote like this.
  6. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

We're all human...and can be incredibly awesome and disgustingly gross. Trust me, as long as you're honest with your partner/gf/wife, things should be ok. I mean...there's nothing unusual many years into a relationship where the most disgusting of bodily things, i.e. burp, whatever, don't even phase you anymore. Can I tell you how unbelievably sexy my hair is first thing in the morning? Yeah, it usually sends the neighbors running....but once you've allowed yourself to have an honest relationship, these things don't matter. If the girl likes you, she'll appreciate the honesty and it won't matter in the scheme of things. Yeast infections are a part of life and they happen and you deal with them -- medically -- and you move on.

Bluenote likes this.
  7. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

My wife farts in her sleep.:eek: Me, I'm perfect. :D But most people have at least one embarrasing flaw.

8. Kaiden

Kaiden Well-Known Member

That's what sex in the shower is for :D