Is she over her Ex?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by purplelove28, Jan 3, 2015.

1. purplelove28

purplelove28 Member

We've been together a while known her for a year and she seems happy with me. One thing I don't understand is why she always mentiones her ex. Everyday, twice, trice daily she must mention her. I get annoyed and upset but I'm trying to not let it get to me. I just can't stand it anymore. I have told her if she is still inlove with her ex because i know she loved her deeply and her ex broke her heart. I just don't get why should she mention said ex all the time like she's not over her. I fell for her so deeply and I'm now scared of getting my own heart broken. She still has pictures of her ex on fb. I will never tell her to take them off. What should I do as im so confused with her at the moment.

2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Well, you don't give enough information -- is her breakup recent? How long was she actually with her ex? Could you possibly be a rebound relationship?

When a relationship ends, it's much like a death. People need to grieve, and grieving is a process. In your g/f's case, she had her heart broken, so it's entirely possible that she isn't over her yet. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it. At the same time, if she's chosen to be in a relationship with you, she needs to be present and attentive. If she can't give you what you need out of a relationship because she's not fully over her last relationship, then you need to rethink whether this is the right relationship for you.

3. purplelove28

purplelove28 Member

They've split up November 2013 and u met her in January last year, but we never dated until July last year so she's had some time to get over her ex. But i reckon she is still inlove with her. Even though she tells me she wants to be with me and loves me she stills mentions said ex everyday. Really don't know what to do. Either call it quits or just talk to her about it as it's really bothering me.

4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Sounds to me that you need to talk to her calmly before letting things get out of hand, shouty and breaking it off.

Bluenote likes this.
  5. Kaiden

Kaiden Well-Known Member

If I had a girlfriend like yours, I'd ask her "since you like talking about your ex, tell me again how she broke your heart. can you also tell me why she broke your heart? or you keep that part for tomorrow, actually we could do this everyday if you can't get enough of mentioning about her" but i have a better idea "why don't we ask her out so she can tell me herself all the things you're dying to tell me" give her to me if she doesn't stop talking about her ex, i enjoy twisting the screwdriver in the wound

6. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

There's no one set period of time that it takes someone to get over her ex. That they split up a little over a year ago and it took about another 7 months to officially date you is not determinative of whether enough time has passed for her to grieve.

Talk to her calmly and find out what's going on.

Bluenote and Nancy like this.
  7. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I maybe missing in what way she is brought up and how she is talked about. Keeping her pictures up is a bit weird. However, I find that the more relaxed and easy going the environment is allowed for my partner to talk about her exes or anyone in particular, the better it is for us to cement our own relationship. See this as an opportunity for you to talk about things openly and intimately. It is hard to put jealousy aside but you can always explain it calmly. She should give you an environment to sharw your feelings too. In a way we will always love the ones we were once with and that is ok. It just shows she is sentimental. Sometimes it is not so much that you want that person back but you wish you had parted on better terms and that you could keep the good parts without throwing out the rest.

Coffee Addict likes this.