Is my straight friend sending me the vibes?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by wallflower, Dec 27, 2014.

1. wallflower

wallflower Member

So I met this girl through her cousin months ago and we became a bit close, we went out alone several times. Last night we went to her cousin's place. We were hanging outside their house and she started messing my hair (sexily) and then twirling the hair near the back of my neck, she was almost caressing it (and that was my weak spot). She then leaned on my arms and was caressing it. When she went inside, her cousin's gf and a friend asked me if we were together. I told them no, they asked if we were at least goofing off, coz they can feel the heat. A lot of her friends, my friends, our friends and new friends ask if we're together. Though it's impossible coz, she told me she's straight.

So, we had to spend the night at her cousin's. She lay beside me because she said I'm not a blanket hogger. Then she asked me "Is it okay if I drool over you" I wasn't thinking so I said "No, I only have one shirt". She just asked her cousin for an extra pillow because she can't sleep without hugging something.

So when we were set, she grabbed "50 shades of grey" above us and said "I need this, especially now that I'm single" and I can feel underneath the blanket that she was brushing her thighs on my thighs. And that's when my brain stopped functioning and I was just praying to fall asleep. We were half asleep but I remember us talking about going on a trip alone.

2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

There's some flirting there alright. Does she know you like girls? Does she like girls?

3. wallflower

wallflower Member

She knows. I have told her and I am pretty much a butch. She told me she's straight, so I guess no.

4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Then maybe you need to ask her why she's doing these things, if she tells you she's straight.

5. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

It makes a difference how old you guys are. Like age range - early 20s, 30s, etc...?

She doesn't sound "straight" to me. If a 40 year old says 'I'm straight,' I tend to take it at face value. Yes, people come out later in life, but many have their sexuality sorted by then.

But if a girl is 20 and says she's "straight," but is all over a girl. Well, maybe she's gay, maybe she is experimenting, etc...

I think she's into you. :) How to proceed is up to you. If you want to hookup - go for it. Though there may be drama when she has the post hook up "but I'm straight" freak out. :eek: But if you want a relationship, or a girl with no drama - look elsewhere.

amy12, Spygirl and Nancy like this.
  6. Kaiden

Kaiden Well-Known Member

so she has read that book and you just went to sleep? nothing else happened? come ooooon, that book isn't just a read before sleep. she's doing it wrong

7. wallflower

wallflower Member

she's 20 and I'm 22. Before, I would always tease her that she just haven't met a girl who's gonna make her question her sexuality, but she's firm that she's straight.

Before we met she was actually dating a guy, after sometime she introduced us the guy. One day we went out alone and asked me if I like the guy for her, because she's having doubts. I said, honestly, I'm not for the guy but it doesn't matter coz it's her decision. She told me my opinion matters, so she dumped the guy.

I don't think she's that into me. She knows I like this girl who apparently is really straight (but came from an all-girls school), and she thinks it will never happen.
    I think it's the thing were we became really close and hormones got confused. A part of me wants to try for one night but maybe I'm reading it wrong?

8. wallflower

wallflower Member

lol well she just flipped through it and put it back immediately. It was a challenge for me to go to sleep especially that my nervous system is very much alive. We were sober, I didn't know what to do, I might be getting the wrong idea

9. Bluenote

She stroked your thighs and waved around 50 shades. Short of putting her ladyparts on a silver platter, that's about as clear as its gonna get.

I say go for the one night stand. Take her up on her offer to go out alone.

jellohead likes this.
  10. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

LOL @Kaiden and Bluenote, you guys are hilarious and I completely agree with all the advices above.

11. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

If you can't make a move sober, maybe you shouldn't do anything. Do you really want to be a drunken mistake that will most likely complicate your relationship for the worst? Woman up! Grab the bull by it's horns and just flat out tell her you like her. Don't start a relationship with drunken head games.

Nancy likes this.
  12. Kaiden

Kaiden Well-Known Member

Indeed, if you start something like that while drunk, the relationship might end up with vomit. ew ew ew :confused:

13. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Absolutely you don't want the old "I was so drunk I can't remember what happened" excuse.

14. Bluenote

Depending on the State, having sex with someone who is really drunk / drugged is statuatory rape.

15. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Depends on the country

16. Bluenote

Yeah, I thought about that. But some Countries it's state by state.

How about "depending on where you live?"

17. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Same diff

Emm likes this.
  18. Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict Well-Known Member

Does she have other close friends and behaves the same with them? That might be another thing to consider.

Now, you can use the closeness to get closer and land a kiss ;) If something like that happened to me I would go for it, I don't have the will power you have to resist. I mean 50-shades-lady in the same bed, drooling, thighs, and caressing my weak spot... I mean only you can resist that. ... Of course If that happened to me, and If I were single :)

So I guess, yes, I support the majority and say it is worth the try

Good luck

19. wallflower

wallflower Member

Last week we agreed to go out and get icecream on the 15th, but morning of Valentines she messaged me if we could do it that day and that she wants to watch 50shades. So we met, and this guy who was pursuing her called that he has something for her and would like to see her. I told her we can wait for him, or it's better if he join us. She said she didn't want to. So when the guy arrived with a bouquet of roses she just said thank you and "You should've just left it at my place". I really felt sorry for the guy. I think he was expecting a date, because I realised that they actually agreed to meet that day. And It was kind of awkward that we walk, just the two of us, in public carrying a bouquet on valentines.

So we went to see the last full show of 50shades, and I fell asleep near the end. (I'm no prude) She told me I can spend the night in her house, but I told her I have to go home that I can drop her home. She told me it might be dangerous and that I can go as soon as daylight, so I didn't argue as I was really sleepy. What's awkward is when we woke up and head downstairs, her parents were in the living room and the bouquet is on the center table. And we were all silent, I thought maybe they thought we're dating.

I guess what she did to the guy, made me cautious about going there with her. It was kind of rude, I however respect that people can say no and not want to accept these kind of gestures, but there's always a more respectful way. She tells me she doesn't really like the guy, but then she always go out with him. I can see danger.

20. valkurious

valkurious Member

be cautious. I've had maaaaany a straight girl be flirty and clingy with me, and some even go as far as making out and cuddling, but they'd never consider actually sleeping with me or dating me. as soon as an appropriate man came along, they'd drop me like a rock. I was their "surrogate boyfriend"; they got the attention and warmth and companionship they wanted without having to actually offer anything real, while waiting for someone with actual relationship potential to come along.

of course this isn't everyone's experience-- it's very possible, especially given your age, that there is some question to her sexuality-- just be aware of other possibilities, and be careful of how attached you allow yourself to get.