Is my straight friend hinting?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Kit, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Kit

Kit New Member

I have been hanging out a lot with a good friend from my high school days and we picked up right where we left off. It's great when that happens!

Anyway, we compliment each other all the time, which is just what we both do. We playfully argue about why the other person has a better body, which is something I've noticed straight girls do a lot, so I assume it means nothing more than a compliment. Some things have happened that tip me off that maybe she's interested in something more. Not necessarily a relationship, but maybe just messing around. I don't know.

She usually tries to get me to drink more than I generally do when we're out. She knows I'm a lightweight. We talk about our dating lives and things like that and she casually mentioned being open to hooking up with women. Being a friend (and possibly an oblivious idiot), I offered to help her meet people.

There was another time she mentioned her hip looks weird and I shot down her comment because she is gorgeous and doesn't know it. She responded with something like, "well, if you ever see me naked, you'll see what I mean." I kind of dismissed that because I default to "I'm not hitting on you" mode with straight women. She brought it up again later.

One thing that seemed odd was the way she reacted when I mentioned in the context of our conversation that I'm usually attracted to blondes (she's a brunette). She had that jealous/bothered look on her face like the one your girlfriend gets when she's jealous but doesn't want you to know. I recognized it but didn't say anything because I'm not confident in reading people most of the time.

I'm horrible at recognizing when someone is flirting. I'm friendly in general, so I just assume people are being nice. What do you think? What would you do in this situation? I don't want to make a move and be the creepy friend, but I'm not opposed to whatever she might be hinting at.

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

She's hitting on you.

She's put it out there that she's OK with girls and is trying to flirt.

If you are OK with hooking up with a friend and being her first girl on girl experience, then go for it.

Just flirt back and go from there.

u-45660000 likes this.
  3. Kit

Kit New Member

Thanks! I'm so bad at reading signs. It's nice to know I'm probably not imagining things.