Is it hard to find older women?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by The Price of Salt, Mar 22, 2015.

1. The Price of Salt

The Price of Salt New Member

Hi, this is my first post here. So, basically i need some advice on meeting older women. I'm 23 and I feel attracted to respectable professional women aged 30-50, though I have only dated people that are of the same age as me. The question is where can I find them? I mean maybe it's a little different from meeting girls because, well, I just assume that older women, the uptight kind, won't be going to parties or be on dating sites. I maybe wrong tho.. Can anyone help? Thanks. :)

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Huh? Just because a woman is respectible and professional, doesn't mean she is uptight. And doesn't mean she is a hermit. Women age 30 - 50 go to bars, go to parties, go to pride, go on dating sites. (Full disclosure I'm in my 40s and a professional type).

Just be careful about what you look for. There is a huge age gap between 40 and 23. I would never consider dating a 23 year old - way too much difference in maturity and perspective. So older women might be into you for sex, but don't expect a healthy relationship.

So if you want to have sex with older women and work out mommy issues - that can happen. If you want a healthy relationship- pretty unlikely.

Spygirl likes this.
  3. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

I take offense at the categorization that one who is "respectable and professional" aged 30-50 is uptight, doesn't go to parties, etc. I'm in my 40's...a "respectable and professional" type and thoroughly subscribe to the "work hard play hard" mentality. Yeah, I might not go to raging keg parties anymore...but I do go to parties and drink (better quality alcohol, I'm sure too).

I think you're confusing the idea of someone being mature with the idea of someone being uptight. I know people in my age group that are wholly immature and act like 23 year olds. I also know some twenty somethings who have their shit together and contain more maturity than some people in my age group.

And to echo what @Bluenote stated...I'd be hard pressed to have a relationship with someone in her 20's. Sorry...there just isn't enough life experience there, and I really suspect that there wouldn't be much in common except for maybe sex. That a serious relationship could happen with someone 20 years younger than me? Unlikely --

4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I can vouch for @Spygirl being a party animal. Pass zee wodka and play zee polka. Da.

Emm and Spygirl like this.
  5. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

@Bluenote ...the difference is in the vodka, da? :) My twenty-something self would think that something like Popov was good vodka. Da, good wodka for zee polka! Present day...I'm thinking Grey Goose or Ketel One is how ve enjoy good wodka. Total difference, da?

Narley and Bluenote like this.
  6. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

If you want to date older women, go for it. Saying older women are "uptight" and don't party of online date is not perhaps the best start.

Most women I know who are 27 and upwards will actually be more inclined to do online dating. Because all though all women of any age like to go out for a good night on the town, we do it for the fun of it and not just to go out to meet women.

That's not to say past a certain age there are no random hook ups ever, just once you grow up a bit you get an idea of what you're looking for.

And like spygirl said, the difference is, past a certain age, your in it for the good alcohol not the cheapest one you can down quickly!

7. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Lol! You're looking for an uptight woman? Are you from a country other than the US? Because I'm thinking that your definition of uptight may differ from ours. I told an Irish woman that our female supervisor was chatting up a female subordinate and might be a couple minutes late to a meeting. As it turns out, in Ireland, chatting someone up means to hit on them. Not what I meant at all.

Anyway, while I agree most women in their 40s or 50s probably won't want to date a 20 something, I met a woman once who was in her 50s who only dated young 20 year olds. But, the problem with that is when you get older she starts looking for someone younger.

Someone in her 30's would probably be a better bet. All women of all ages do the online thing. But, if they don't respond to your profile it's because you're not in their age range. So, you need to respond to them.

Unless you're looking for a woman who likes to hang out in bars, you probably won't meet her there. I hate bars and always have. I didn't go to them when I was in my 20s and I don't go to them now.

If you live in the US, try MeetUp. It's become a popular way for lesbians to get together. There may be a group in your area that meet for coffee or cards.

Bluenote likes this.