Is it all in my head?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Darcy_85, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Darcy_85

Darcy_85 Member

(I'm not a native English speaker I apologize in advance if you find my English incomprehensible)

Okay Ladies, I really need some help. There's this girl in my class... I noticed her the very first day of medical school. Tall, slender but athletic with a mane of dark hair all the way down to her lower back and with a perfectly shaped butt. On top of that she's a genuine person so if yo haven't figured it out by now I might as well spell it out for you: I LIKE HER. A LOT!

The problem is that I never ever have been good at realizing when someone likes me. My gaydar's fine, but I have such a hard time figuring out whether people are just genuinely nice or flirting with me.

We've locked eyes on countless occasions and I sometimes find her following me with her eyes when I pass her in the corridors, but when I turn around and look back she quickly looks the other way and I tend to do the same when it's the other way around. On a few occasions she's commented on my appearance, saying things like: "Looking nice", "Like your skirt" or "You're looking great today".

We also partnered in a couple of so called laborations where we practiced taking each others blood pressures and such. When she took my BP she squeezed my bicep a bit extra, looked me in the eyes and said "Wow, you must be brutally strong". (I used to play rugby (fullback if that means anything to anyone) and soccer so I am kind of strong or at least used to be) This girl makes me really shaky so all I could only mumble "Nah, I used to be", blush and look the other way.

I'm normally outgoing and well-spoken, but when I'm around her I'm akward, blushing, stuttering and mumbling.
    She sought me out and cornered me after a presentation I just had held to say "That went well, didn't it?" and all I could master was "Ehhhhh, thanks..." and produced a faint smile. We've talked a few other times, but then it's been about medical stuff and as long as we are talking about that I do not mumble (which hopefully makes me less pathetic in her eyes).

Is she just being friendly? PLEASE, help me out! Is this all in my head?

2. jaysea

jaysea Well-Known Member

To me it seems like she's flirting or has some interest at least, but thats just me I'm no expert.

Try and talk to her more and develop some kind of friendship- only time will tell.

3. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

At the very least she is friendly and you have an in for someone you have so much interest in. Start small like dropping off her favorite coffee or pastry from her usual place. Ask what she is reading and a million other school related stuff so it is not so personal at first. If you find something in common with her that you like, talk about that topic. This way you can build confidence and coherence in your speech.

I could be wrong but my gut tells me this is a live one. ;)

4. Darcy_85

Darcy_85 Member

Thanks greylin and jaysea!
    The advice's highly appreciated :) My first move will be to sit next to her at the seminar tomorrow and start a conversation about something related to that. Wish me luck!