Is copying you a good sign?!

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by carabella, Jun 15, 2014.

1. carabella

carabella Well-Known Member

I sometimes wish I didn't have to come on here, because when I do it's generally because things have hit the fan! But I am grateful for somewhere to vent, and I will be super grateful if any of you can make head or tail of this one . . . Greylin and Moses, if you've got two cents on this one - help!

I posted previously on the girl with the purple bracelet. It's now seven months of drooling in and I'm still to spineless to do anything about it, and tbh with recent events, I'm not sure doing something about it will turn out to be a great idea.

On the one hand, I'm convinced this girl is at the very least Bi (*background: we're both late 20s, we work together, we have ridiculously similar hobbies and taste in music etc and I'm so far into this whole thing, I'm going to wind up brokenhearted at this rate).

Situation Number One (a la Jack Johnston): I finally let my proverbial balls drop and asked her out for a night, albeitly my ex boyfriend was also attending. (NB: I'm just friends with him, and after a shitstorm of a previous breakup, I vowed to stay on good terms with him, she knows this.) So she says she's looking forward to it, we swap numbers etc. She didn't turn up, but made out that she had with no explanation as to why she didn't come say hi. We've never spoken about it.

Situation Number Two: She still flirts like crazy despite the no-show. She's lost the shyness, and has started saying hey when there are other people around, but still only really drops her guard when it's one on one.

Situation Number Three: The problem in the title. I barely noticed it at first, but she's started copying me, a lot. From what movies she's watching, to wearing make up and doing her nails, to jewellery, to where I buy my lunch. I just don't know what to think now. Is this normal? Would you do this if you liked someone? What does it mean?!

She's stopped wearing the purple bracelet too :-(

Sorry for the essay girls.

Carabella x

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

What do you like about her? Start with that. Do you really see yourself in a relationship with her? If you do then it is all the courage you need to ask her to go out one on one. No complicated grouping with others and certainly not an ex. If she does some of the things you do it is because she thinks it is a good idea. So maybe you have enough in common for you to give it a go, ya?

3. carabella

carabella Well-Known Member

She was a slow burner, at the beginning I was with someone else so I just allowed myself to get to know her a little, but it all came to a head at Christmas, I've never seen a dress change the way someone looks to that extent. It changed everything, like I'd opened my eyes to her for the first time.

Since then, she's just perfect in a way. She's approachable, and funny, goofy without meaning to be, fiercely intelligent and just has this pull to her that I can't explain. Her perfume makes me smile like an idiot when I smell it in the building. On the flip side, she's so guarded. She's never mentioned a previous relationship, or even being inclined to being gay (which incidentally I found out by accident from a colleague, but I'm desperate in a way for her to just say something and confirm it).

One thing that's thrown me a bit, is that I get the impression she may be fairly religious. I'm a practicing Christian, so I completely get the 'pot, kettle, you big gay moo' thing. She knows I'm friends with lots of gay people, and knows I'm very pro-gay in my general attitude. I 99% sure she either thinks I'm straight, or thinks it won't be okay with me that she might be other than straight. I've tried to get to know her, online as well as at work, but work is stifling i.e. you can't talk for too long because, well, you should be working. But she's having none of it, she won't even add me on Facebook.

Add up the girl I'm faced with one on one, and the girl in the previous paragraph, and you would never think for a moment they're the same person. It's torture.