Insecurities

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Anahi, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Anahi

Anahi New Member

I get insecure sometimes and I know it has to do with the fact that I get anxiety. Anyone know of any ways to calm it down a bit. Certain techniques or chants that help?

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I don't know how severe your anxieties are, so please don't rule out talking to a professional about them. There is something called Mindfulness meditation that has sprung up lately. I don't know if it will help you at all because some people get too involved in it and get anxious from it. So, please read up on it and make sure it is something for you. I stumbled onto this link because I had trouble sleeping at times after I got woken up by a noise or something. So I started listening to the sleep aid and it helped me. I did not listen to the rest of the podcasts.

http://marc.ucla.edu/mindful-meditations

Again, as with anything, do your research carefully and make sure it is for you.

Narley likes this.
  3. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Completely agree with Geylin but I will also add there are some amazing "white noise" playlists on youtube. When I need to just collect myself I'll pop in my headphones and listen to these and just concentrate on getting my breathing right.

greylin likes this.