In love with a man and a woman... so lost.

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Els, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Els

Els Member

In a very complicated situation. I met Ashley in the beginning of a messy divorce (from my husband of 7 yrs) she immediately pushed for a very serious relationship and I loved her so we did. Despite some serious meddling in my divorce on her part we had a great relationship for 5 months. I held resentment towards her for pushing me and she SMOTHERED me with affection when I needed space. She agreed to a short break to give me some time to breath.
    So I went on a trip and met an old friend, the next thing I know I'm dating him, seriously. (I know I'm terrible) When I got home I came clean and she was a mess, I couldn't stay I felt suffocated but I love her so much. 6 months later I live with him and the relationship is great but I am still so in love with her. She hasn't moved on and is convinced I'll come to my senses. I don't know what to do. I love her but the relationship is so easy with him and perfectly balances me. I miss her and that maddening love we have. I'm not giving either of them what they deserve, and I don't know what to do. Losing either would be devastating and I'm terribly selfish.

2. Cricket

Cricket Well-Known Member

Re: In love with a man and a woman... so lost...

It sounds like you really jumped from on relationship to another...to another. Honestly, you should have spent some time alone during and after your divorce. You are latching on to all these things for your own benefit...acting very selfishly. I personally think you need to learn how to be on your own.