In a very confusing situation with a girl, ne...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Monica_Luv, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Monica_Luv

Monica_Luv Member

Hey everyone :)

Ok here is my situation. Last year I started having feelings for a girl in my uni class, she seemed friendly enough, eventually we became friends on Facebook. When I checked out her pics I was quite disappointed to find out she had a boyfriend...but I thought ok, c'est la vie...I was still a bit unsure because I also noticed lots of pictures of her at gay pride, but nevertheless she was already taken so that was that.

Then we start messaging on Facebook, she already knew I'd been with a woman before, one night she starts telling me how insecure and self conscious she is about her weight etc, I reassured her, told her she looked great and I even admitted I had a crush on her, she told me she was so flattered but obviously she was with someone. Fair enough, I wasn't trying to jeopardise her relationship, I just wanted to make her feel better about herself. Then she tells me that the last couple of times she's been out she's kissed girls, ok I thought but again I left it because she was taken.

Few days later she messages to say she's split up with her boyfriend, then she wants to hang out with me all the time, messaged everyday, she seemed great, we had so much in common but I was still cautious and didn't want to influence her in any way. We kissed a couple of times, had one great date and we kissed but sadly the next day she acted weird, then she messaged saying that this was all really new to her and that she didn't know how to act, I could tell she was really confused so I suggested we just be friends at the moment until she was more sure of what she wanted. She agreed, until we next went out with her and her friends...found out she's actually told a few of them about me, even her ex and her Mum!! We kissed again, she was drunk but she initiated it all and it was quite a passionate kiss, next day we just carry on as normal...back to being friends and no mention of the kiss, I still enjoyed hanging out with her though so it didn't bother me too much until...

Last weekend we went out for my birthday with a group of friends, a couple of my friends asked me if anything was going on because at one point it was so cold and she insisted I take her jacket, and one friend told me that she's "got it bad" for me, however she went home early...Saturday we messaged back and forth as usual, however since I feel she's cooled off big time, she's barely messaged and when I've tried to message her then I've had short replies and got the impression that she doesn't want to talk. I know she's not back with her ex, but I wonder if maybe she just wants to stay friends now? I've realised that I want more than a friendship, I really like her but I felt like I had to play it cool because she's confused, not long come out of a relationship and I didn't want to overwhelm her or come on too strong! Now I get the feeling like she doesn't want to know, what should I do? I know the worst thing I could probably do is run after her, but any ideas as to what's going on with this girl? Will I hear from her again? Thanks

2. Monica_Luv

Monica_Luv Member

Re: In a very confusing situation with a girl...

It's ok, I got my answer, she just wants to be friends, has too much personal stuff going on.