I'm not even sure how she identifies

Discussion in 'Advice (Dear AE...)' started by duct-tape-heart, Mar 29, 2016.

1. duct-tape-heart

So, I really like this girl who works part time in a different department at work. We run into each other occasionally and always chat. We've also become friends on Facebook. I'd love to ask her out, but here are a few issues:

1. I don't know how she identifies. I know she got out of a "thing" with a boy a few months ago, but I don't want to assume that means straight. I also identify as agender, so if she's not straight, I don't know if she date an NB person.
    2. I'm not very confident. Never have been, though I'm getting there. I don't know how to just go for it and ask her out. I know the worst she can do is say no, but I'm nervous.
    3. I've been talking to my friend/coworker about this. She's bisexual and much more confident than I am. While she's encouraging me to go for it, I've also overheard her attempting to flirt with the girl, too. I'm kind of angry with my friend right now.

So, like, what do I do?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Stay away from someone you work with, particularly if someone else is trying to go there. You do not want this kind of drama at work.

TheScandinavian likes this.
  3. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

Agreed, dating someone you work with is usually a disaster...

Bluenote likes this.
  4. becsgotswag

becsgotswag Member

I'm kinda a risk it for the biscuit kinda girl.
    I also enjoy a chase and if it was me in your position then i would probably feel around for any hints to see if she is interested. Probably the easiest way to do that is to tell her you are heading to "insert place here" tonight if she has nothing on.... If she comes to said place then you have a better opportunity to find out about her. If she doesnt come then she isn't interested. Pretty simple. Doesn't seem like you have much contact with her at work anyway so its not like you have anything to lose. An invite out can be taken many ways anyway.