I'm a little confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by mjtf, Jul 25, 2013.

1. mjtf

mjtf Member

Ok,
    I've been with my boyfriend for two years. For the past 6 months it is slowly becoming more and more apparent to me that I may be attracted to girls, I've just been pushing it to the side more and more. But recently it's really staring to take over and I can't shake it off. I'm heading off to University in two months and just don't want to be this confused.
    I guess you could say that I've finally admitted to myself that I have an attraction to girls.
    A few months ago when I was drunk I told all my best friends that I was a lesbian and then the next morning I told them it was a huge lie and it's just been forgotten about but that's only made me question my sexuality more..
    I guess I'd just like some advice on whether or not I should tell my boyfriend how I'm feeling?

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you think you're gayer over the past few months? Is it just the thing that you have told your friends, or is it more than that?

3. rachel_700

rachel_700 Member

I've been in a very similar situation, and you have many options to choose from. While I never condone lying...it will weave a web you won't want to deal with...you have a nice out. You're going to university, chances are you're going to drift away from these people anyway. Tell your besties and your boyfriend that you need space to figure things out in college...and then FIGURE THINGS OUT IN COLLEGE. By Thanksgiving break you'll know for sure and will have a whole new life in which you'll be comfortable telling them.

4. juston33

juston33 New Member

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes you think you're gayer over the past few months? Is it just the thing that you have told your friends, or is it more than that?

5. loren.danielle

loren.danielle New Member

Some times it takes longer for some of us to figure out and accept who we are. Thats ok. It didnt take me long to realize my feelings but it took me 6 years to accept how i felt about other women and i tried to make it like it was never there. I went through an entire phase of short unhappy relationships til i realized that this was never what i wanted but it was what was pushed on me growing up. So in short i felt like i needed to hide that part of myself or pretend it never existed.
    I believe the only way your going to know is through experience.
    Test the waters see what your comfortable with dont worry about the labels their not needed.
    Always take care of you first what you want and need should be the most important thing to you if you dont worry about you no one else will.
    and always be safe :)
    I think if you discuss it with your bf you never know maybe he would be ok with an open relationship for you to test your options.

6. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

umh... yhis thread is from 2013