Ice Hokey

Discussion in 'Hobbies, Health & Fitness, Sports' started by aussie_gabby, Jan 13, 2015.

1. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Anyone a fan?

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Guess no one else likes ice hockey. haha I am not a true fan, I only watch it when it's on (sometimes). I really want to attend a live game in the US or Canada one day... I guess it depends which city I'm in but preferably Maple Leafs, Red Wings, Flyers, Canadiens, or Bruins. Otherwise I'm not really fussed as long as the game is good!

3. aussie_gabby

Haha oh well. I don't watch it religiously but I saw a game when I was in Boston and I got hooked :)

4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I'm not really a fan. They let too much fighting go on. Its bad and some hockey players get really messed up by it.

5. sundancer

We have the fake USA and Canadian teams come and have an exhibition tournament in Australia. By fake US and Canadian, they are real players - one or two NHL players (not the stars of course), and the rest from the minor/amateur leagues. I went to it last year - the game was good, but the group of men behind me was horrible and Perth Arena didn't do anything to stop it despite their many warnings to this group by both security staff and AV people. The worst thing was when I reported it to Perth Arena, they dismissed it. Would never go again to the Ice Hockey Classic and more boisterous events (as opposed to something more somber like tennis or basketball) again even though it is supposed to be a part fundraiser for 'No Concussions'. The fights were all quite obviously staged unlike what you see on the TV screen when they do fight. I would be curious to know what it's like in a real match, plus the atmosphere will probably be a lot better - and hopefully less men trying to rub their crotches in your face because they are so drunk/drugged up.

6. aussie_gabby

Gross that's horrible. I saw the same exhibition (but in Sydney) an had a good time. The only thing drunk guys did was start quacking. It was pretty funny.

Some guys when they get too drunk, it's just nasty. It's one of the reasons I loathe going into the city on a Saturday night.

The hockey fans were pretty intense in Boston though. They were pretty rude to the poor Toronto supporters

7. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

You should see what they do to Yankees fans...

8. sundancer

It's ok. I've been a basketball game at our rivals home ground. I got really good seats... what I didn't realise is that this empty spot is right in the middle of season ticket holders who all have been members since forever. They were polite to this tourist though. haha Also I know what we do to all our main rivals when they are here - it can be pretty fierce at times especially in an intense game. Quacking is nothing!

9. aussie_gabby

What team do you go for?

10. Flashover

Flashover Member

Saw a hockey game when I was little visiting family and have loved it ever since. I personally like the St. Loius Blues. They were the first team I ever saw play professionally. My other favorite would be the Detroit Red Wings. I know that probably seems strange since they are both in the same division and rivals. I assure you though that eleven year old me had no concept of such things at the time.

aussie_gabby likes this.