I need some help...

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Remmy, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Remmy

Remmy New Member

So am I am an 32 year old female and have recently realised that i would like to date woman. I think i have known this for sometime...but have only now opened myself up to it. The reason for this is that i met an really awesome woman which i am have an massive crush on. She is divorced (from an guy) and has 2 kids. I am not sure if she is at all into woman as my gaydar sucks! Although one of my straight friends seems to think she is. Now my question is...how do i go ahead from here on seeing that i have never actually dated an woman. We get along great and regularly hang out. I do sense some flirting from her side but not sure if i am just wanting her to flirt as i really like her.
    Any advice would be helpful!

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I think the important thing is to be secure in yourself if your aim is to pursue her, you can find a romantic way to get her out on a date. You can plan this, and line up a good babysitter for her and make it a surprise that you are taking her out on the town. Tell her you want to take her on a proper date and it includes, dinner, dancing or whatever you think she likes. If you don't know, do some research before making this move. The research could include testing the waters on what she is like and how she views lgbt issues. I have had a friend who regularly flirted with women but thought gay marriage was wrong. It completely blew my mind. So, you wouldn't want to spring a romantic evening if she turns out to be a peep with one of those views.

If that is too much for you, the practical thing is to setup a profile on a dating site and try dating other women first and get a sense of things. It may help boost your confidence. Then you can come out to her and see what she says.

It depends on what you are like. If I like someone already, I would need to find out if there is anything to it because I am overly straightforward. I would not like to do practice dates with other people because I would be crap at it and think about her the whole time anyway. But some people just want to practice before getting to Carnegie Hall and that is a really good thing for them.

(hugs) and good luck! I hope you get a lot more advice from people here and see what you would like to do. I also wish you lots of fun with this lady.

TheScandinavian, Spygirl and Nancy like this.
  3. Remmy

Remmy New Member

Thank you greylin for your advice. Will definately give your ideas an go...hopefully things works out for the best!!