I like her but how should I move?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by romantic_fool, Oct 11, 2015.

1. romantic_fool

romantic_fool New Member

Hello everyone! There’s this girl I really like and I don’t know if or how I should hit on her. She is a waitress in a café nearby the company I’m having an internship. I have an instinct that she’s into girls too and I really want to give it a try. Also this café although not gay, is considered unofficially quite queer. I ‘ve been there a couple of times since I started my internship and there’s been some eye contact but whenever our eyes meet I can’t help but break away. I'm not good at expressing my feelings and the fact that I'm very inexperienced doesn’t help! Should I try to get to know her or not because she is at work? And how do I do that? Should I look? Try to make small talk? Help please! And thank you in advance <3 (forgive any mistakes, English isn’t my first language ;) )

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Start by just talking to her. Wait until the place isn't busy and just go talk to her. At first you can pick something sort of work related - ask her to recommend her favorite coffee drink, or which dessert is best. Then you can branch out to other things - maybe she has a cool tattoo, wears a tshirt for a band that you like, etc...

If she is nice, that may not mean anything - waitresses want tips. But if she genuinely connects with you, you will know.

3. sela9

sela9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, adding onto bluenote. Ask her what she recommends and then say "okay, you seem like someone i can trust ill go with that" or make some sort of flirtatious response. Smile, act friendly, make small talk. A joke about a situation going on in the coffee shop will work too. Perhaps if you can bring a friend to help ease the nerves...a friend who is good at communicating with strangers and flirting so she can help lead the way for you two.

4. romantic_fool

romantic_fool New Member

thanks for your responses. I believe your're right, I will be around for at least three months so I 'll have plenty of opportunities to make small talk and see what happens. I think she already has noticed me cause I caught her looking a couple of times the other day but again I broke eye contact very soon. The place is usually quite busy, but I can always ask for a suggestion regarding food. Oh, and she does have a cool tattoo <3