I don’t know what to feel or think anymore about this situation

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Kyuarizumu, May 19, 2018.

1. Kyuarizumu

Kyuarizumu New Member

I’ve liked this girl for awhile and I confessed to her before and she rejected me but we stayed friends somehow or another the guy she was with and her broke up and she’s suddenly into me. Telling me it’s been in the back of her mind that she likes me but pushed it away for one she was in a relationship and two she wasn’t into girls well one thing led to another and we ended up putting months of a relationship into a few weeks. I asked her what we are and she said she didn’t want labels but we are dating without the labels. She wants her mom to like me and all this but I can’t help but get a nagging feeling that something isn’t right. Our relationship has surpassed the point where even if we wanted to we couldn’t be just friends again. She tells me to be patient she needs time to get her thoughts together which I understand but there’s been things she’s done or say that makes me think I’m the rebound even though she said I’m not. It’s a complicated situation and I’m not sure what to do. Please does anyone have advice on what I can do? Like how to ask her certain questions or what I personally should do? Thank you.

2. Blueeyedtiger

Blueeyedtiger New Member

Respect her wishes and give her some time. Not only is it a new relationship, but she has the (sometimes horrible, sometimes amazing, mostly in-between) task of coming out. This won't be an easy time for both of you, but it may be worth it!

greylin likes this.
  3. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

So, you have been together a few weeks? Like a whirlwind romance? This whole thing was very sudden for both of you, I gather and I am sure that after having wanted her for so long, this can sometimes feel unreal.

I think I would find comfort in the fact that she actually had once rejected you when she was not completely sure. So she is not one to string someone along and she would have told you by now, if not soon if something really was up.

Be that as it may. You probably need support from friends and from her. Do you have specific things that you would like her to say or do that can help reassure you? I think instead of asking her questions, just ask her to comfort you in ways that would help you. It is ok to ask.

Also, sometimes, it is a matter of how much you want to invest in a relationship. Would you want to give yourself a time frame for this to work? Like check in with yourself how you are feeling in six months and so on. If it has not been that long, I would expect the adjustment for someone coming to terms of her sexuality to take a while. It is all brand new and it does take patience and lots of lady balls to tread these new grounds. Please do encourage and praise her, as you know that she is taking some serious steps in coming onto her own.

Wish you both the best.

Last edited: May 23, 2018