I always want what I can't have...

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by MissDarcy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MissDarcy

MissDarcy New Member

Two weeks ago, my best friend invited me to a house party with some of her pre-med friends. Everything was going fine, until I saw her. My eyes suddenly were locked on this girl, she was stunning. I could tell she was the good girl - shy type by the way she carried herself. You can say I'm pretty outgoing, I used that to my advantage so I could meet her. I started dancing funny with some guy and she started laughing and I knew that was my cue; I introduced myself and we talked and talked for hours. I know some people can't distinguish flirting from a normal conversation, but I think I was pretty obvious with the flirting because I can be a little bit touchy (touching her hips, complementing her smile and eyes, etc). When I got her to give me her number for a lunch date, a guy suddenly hugs her and kisses her...... he was her bf. The next day, I got very drunk and drunk dialed her at 3am.... she picked up and we talked for a few hours. I recently saw her last friday at a party and it was the same, me flirting with her. I don't know if I should ask her if she knows that I'm flirting with her or just continue with the doubt, but I'm afraid she would get uncomfortable if I do ask her. I know I am helpless, she has a bf, there's nothing I should be second guessing. It is what it is.....and she is straight. Why do I always want what I clearly know I can't have?

2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

She's got a boyfriend. End of story. Whether she's straight or gay doesn't matter because you don't want to be the one who wrecks a relationship. Oh, and by the way..what may be obvious to you as flirting may not be received as flirting...some of us are dense and miss signs even if they're neon and flashing above us (trust me, I kick myself over the gift of my inability to recognize flirting)....

The thing is..boyfriend aside..she talked with you for a few hours -- at 3am. Who does that? I'm not so sure this falls into the "you can't have" category. No...I'm not saying pursue her...what I am saying is that normal people don't talk for hours in the wee hours of the morning with "just friends." She's given you a shred of....well, hope, maybe?

Let the boyfriend thing play out -- be respectful...at the same time, who knows? Maybe things aren't good between them..maybe she's intrigued by you...but let her be the one to come to any decisions here.

rac likes this.
  3. MissDarcy

MissDarcy New Member

You're right. How selfish of me to not think about the wrecking a relationship part. Thanks for the advice. :)